DC Fan Art Club: Week 23 Submissions: 'Element-ary'

For Week 23, the @DCFanArtClub illustrated DC characters who are masters of the elements. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: Please check out their work below, or feel free to submit your own. Challenges are open indefinitely and to the community at large!

Past Weekly Challenges Archive:

1. Expressions: Wear your heart on your (spandex) sleeve
  2. DC LEGO: Just Imagine
  3. Knee-Biters: DC Characters as Toddlers
  4. No Place Like Hideouts: Background challenge
  5. DCFac’s Eggcellent Adventure: Easter egg decorating, DC-style
  6. Feline Fine and Artin’ Onward: Catwoman’s 80th Anniversary
  7. The Anti-blank-Batman-head coalition project: Community User Icons (Free for any to use!)
  8. Community Tag: Members supplying prompts to other members
  9. ‘GID GOOD, SCRUB’ : The Question playing video games while sitting in a beanbag chair
  10. I Make This Look Good: DC weapons, gear and more
  11. Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Reproducing official comic artwork
  12. ‘Let the coin decide.’ : Members rolled to see if they would be drawing heroes or villains
  13. DC Diversity: Celebrating black cast members of the DCU in honor of Juneteenth
  14. Challenge 1. DC Pride: Celebrating LBGTQ+ characters in honor of Pride Month
    Challenge 2: LGBTQ+ Icons for the DCU community
  15. ‘We the People’: In celebration of the Fourth, famous figures of history redrawn as DC characters
  16. Character Challenge: Speedsters
  17. ‘Rainbow Connection’: Color-prompt challenge
  18. ‘Out-of-Context Chaos’: Artists picked a single line of text from a comic and created original (and very unrelated) art for it.
  19. ‘Read All About It’: Artists received prompts from a random newspaper headline generator
  20. Character Challenge: Martian Manhunter
  21. ‘Seeing Stars’: The heroes and villains of live-action Stargirl
  22. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ : Drawing characters as teens — but only those we haven’t already seen often de-aged in canon material.

Past Monthly Challenges Archive:

1. March 2020: 80 Years of Robin
  2. April 2020: DC Episodes Turned Into Comic Book Covers
  3. May 2020: Meta Madhouse: TOURNAMENT OF TERROR
  4. June 2020: Team Trinity Challenge
  5. July 2020: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer
  6. August 2020: DC Masterpiece
11 Likes

I was originally going with a take on Earth Wind and Fire’s album cover for Illumination since it’s the first thing that popped into my head based on the description. I had replaced the band member heads with heads of DC characters with Earth Wind and Fire powers. However I did not want to get into trouble with using an outside DC source per rules so I drew the following this morning.
It is a continuation of my Stargirl series as I missed the Q and A with the actor behind Icicle.

14 Likes

16 Likes

I also drew the following quick sketch because it was another thing that popped into my head and the idea of Heat Wave melting Captain Cold’s snowman made me laugh for some reason.

9 Likes

Reference

10 Likes

Reference (no idea what comic but they are so cute)

12 Likes

Captains sad face is adorable! And nice angle. Cute and funny!

Icicle looks dope as well. His pose is great with the reaching hand. Well done.

5 Likes

Great color and shade job on fire storm (?) And marshmallow toasting is cute. :+1:

3 Likes

Red Tornado Terra Azreal and Killer Frost

13 Likes

Yay red tornado getting some love! I like the way they are set up/pose. And Terras rock fists are a nice touch.

4 Likes

Digital Pencils

Digital Inks

Digital Color

The lovely “Fire” was my elemental choice for the challenge. Hope everyone likes it!

14 Likes

Oh well done ESS, shes lovely. Love the movement you got with the flames and her hands plus all the shading and her eyes. :clap: its been a while hasnt it?

Side note: whenever I see her I picture that JL episode with her and flash flirting on the plane. So cute.

Justice_c780ca_5331496

7 Likes

Looks very awesome™:+1: wow

4 Likes

Thanks. Red Tornado has always been a favorite of mine. Had to throw him in.

5 Likes

Tempest should be considered an elemental

8 Likes

Ha! I didn’t even consider Kite man :sweat_smile: Smart pick!

4 Likes

Haha right I just pictured him on the quinn show saying his powers are wind based… :rofl: and then harley destroys him lmao

3 Likes

Hey guys! I wound up having to work this evening, so I’m not going to be able to join this challenge (or finish my August monthly tonight, as planned :sob:).

I’ll be back to comment on everyone’s work later! For now, though, I’ve updated the preview image so everyone browsing Fan Creations will get a peek of your work! TTYS!

4 Likes

I love this! The facial expression is subtle yet powerful…I wish I had shading skills on this level!

3 Likes

Haha, this has so much personality! The composition is lovely too. :+1:

3 Likes