DC Fan Art Club: Week 22 Submissions: 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'

Week 22 challenged our artists to draw DC characters as teens — but only those we haven’t already seen often de-aged in canon material.

@DCFanArtClub , by request, I’m putting this thread up early so y’all can focus on DCFandome tomorrow! Sorry I’m getting to it so late. Crazy day. :scream:

16 Likes

17 Likes

This is why everyone should be nice to the scrawny guy in high school. Because they can grow up to be this

The little tension wiggle lines are adorable. :rofl: I empathize with the spaghetti arms. On an artsier note, that rolled up mat looks really good. I’m wow’d by the magic you work with perspective.

7 Likes

This is so cute!! I love his facial expression!

4 Likes

High school quarterback Booster cheesin’ at some 25th century cheerleaders.

First time using colored pencils to fill in a sketch - I definitely need a lot more practice, lol.

17 Likes

:rofl::rofl: His expression. Their expressions. This has got so much personality (and creativity! that futuristic football is wild). You even found a place for Skeets! And if this is your first time working with colored pencils, I’m really looking forward to seeing how you progress (you’re off to a great start).

5 Likes

@CynicalPink how about a little teenage Beebo? Glued to his technology as he has technology inside him. His favorite band is The Smell as shown by his poster as well as his T-shirt with the logo of the band.
I had started this journey with Meet the Artist doing all Beebos so I thought I’d want to see how I improved.

15 Likes

I got this idea in my head about Perry White. What was he like as a copy boy? Did he give his editor a hard time like Jimmy does him. Then I thought what if Superman got thrown back in time and had an adventure with a young Perry White? How would they interact? Would they be friends? What if it happened before Clark became Superman. OOOOH What if it was Perry during this adventure that gives Clark the inspiration to be a reporter…OOOOOh Ooohh what if… …

17 Likes

Thank you so much!! I’m glad their expressions came across! Teenage Booster lends himself well to shenanigans. :blush::heart:

6 Likes

I did NOT predict seeing that particular character make it into this challenge :joy: And I know I might get in trouble for saying it here, but it would be so fun to see him hanging out with teenage Groot.

Also, dude. Your skill has been on the rise at crazy speed. So people see what you mean by the start of your journey, here’s your original piece:

13 Likes

If someone had shown this to me and said it was from a canon publication, I wouldn’t have an ounce of doubt.

4 Likes

Funny you mention teenage Groot. That was my thoughts exactly when I first thought of what to draw

3 Likes

Captain Cold definitely wore skinny jeans in high school.

14 Likes

@Goldk great job! You really have a second career as a writer. After the newspaper article from week 19 and now this it really shows you put a lot of thought into each entry. I really like the idea of a young Perry White after we’re used to the older take no guff one

3 Likes

@stefanie.m very cool! I like the struggle you can feel as he is lifting the weights. If he keeps drinking milk he will look like he does today.

4 Likes

@Hyperia90 I like the smug look on his face. Didn’t he used to play football in the comics as well? I like that he has cheerleaders fawning over him as he always wants the support and adoration of fans as a hero.

4 Likes

@_UnderScore amazing! I could see him strutting down the street listening to his music on his boom box. He is the epitome of 80s cool.

5 Likes

Definitely canon in my mind now! This is a hilarious concept, as always. But I gotta know – what song is he listening to? Ice Ice Baby?

3 Likes

Exactly.

3 Likes

I almost gave him a Coldplay t-shirt, but assumed he’d never listen to them in reality.

4 Likes