DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #20 Submissions

It’s not easy being green. @DCFanArtClub, time to share J’onn in all his glory! Please drop your submissions to the Week 20 art challenge below.

Everyone else, thank you for showing your support for the community’s artists!

9 Likes

20 Likes

I really love it! That is a great drawing of Martian the Manhunter relaxing and enjoying the view.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 Thanks, bud!

4 Likes

Here’s a Martian Manhunter sketchcard I did earlier this year:

18 Likes

I posted in the announcement thread, but I’ll post here too.

18 Likes

@CynicalPink here is my contribution on a severely shortened schedule due to loss of power for most of the week.
I was trying to go for Martian Manhunter coming through the page as he becomes intangible.

16 Likes

Captures MM the way I always think of him. A peaceful thinker of a hero. Well done!!

3 Likes

Love the style, very cool look!

4 Likes

Diggin’ that choice of monochromatic with a splash of red! Sweet!!

4 Likes

I think you pulled it off!! Hope you and the family are safe and sound!!(Guessing the power outage was due to the Hurricane)

4 Likes

I tried to think of a way to incorporate as many of his abilities as possible, but I am happy with morphing and intangibility.

20 Likes

Thanks! I tried to make him look intimidating as well. I like your drawing as well. Your effect of intangibility is amazing! I was thinking of having him punching with a single fist coming out of the page but once I started drawing him I realized it would not fit on the page in a realistic place so I left it out.
Yeah but by the time it reached my area it was brief high winds but enough to be without power from Tuesday afternoon to Friday afternoon. Prevented me from easily finding references for my drawing and too much else going on to get to it until today.

3 Likes

@CynicalPink I love how peaceful he looks sitting overlooking Mars. He almost looks like the statue the Thinker. Great job working under the same non power constraints as I was!

2 Likes

@matthewjhernandez I love the different look for him! This picture made me smile and it makes him look friendlier than the regal character he can be portrayed as.

3 Likes

@Z-A-C I love the use of color to stand out against the rest of the drawing. He is known for green but choosing red really catches the eye. He has that serious in charge look but with a slight smile like he will still treat you well.

3 Likes

16 Likes

This is nuts.

5 Likes

These are awesome™:+1:. Always love it when Manhunter gets his time to shine.

5 Likes

@CynicalPink There is so much emotion in that I love it. Would still love to see what you do with painting it.
@matthewjhernandez This is wonderful. What medium did you use? It’s got a rough look to it but the art itself is very clean and deliberate.
@Z-A-C I am so jealous of your ability to use light and shadow your art has fantastic depth and life.
@ImpulseMaxMercury
This is a great character study I love the light and shadows. I can totally see him coming out of the page. Great concept.
@RobArt471 The action and posing on this is awesome. The explosion in the background and the rubble in the foreground. MM is coming through that wall and you better not be on the other side!
@_UnderScore
Make it move!!! Animate it!!! This looks so good. I don’t know you you did it, but this feels like it moving across the page! Excellent.

5 Likes