DC Fan Art Club: "Rainbow Connection" Submissions (Weekly Challenge #17, July 11-18)

Week17Banner

@DCFanArtClub - Time to post all of your gloriously vibrant DC fanart!

This week’s prompt was:

WEEK 17: “THE RAINBOW CONNECTION”

Hope your colorful weeks’ have gone well and you found a muse through your assigned hue!

Pop your art below so that we can all marvel at the work y’all put into your pieces!

7 Likes

That word isn’t allowed in these parts. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

my color was green this week so i knew what i had to do. here’s beast boy ! he’s on his way to pick up a (vegan) pizza for him and cyborg. happy saturday everyone

12 Likes

October: orange

Reference:
TTG and BATB

9 Likes

Nice use of green for all parts of this challenge. :clap: BB looks amazing and playful.

2 Likes

didn’t do this one, maybe i should

• I should
  • I shouldnt

0 voters

3 Likes

@AlexanderKnox Hey now, we play nice. :rofl:

@nightwing2005 WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! THIS IS SO COOL!! The outfit, the fluidity, everything about it is spot on! … And now I want pizza. :drooling_face:

@stefanie.m Love this! I like how to chose to keep most of it black and white! That orange really pops!

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Do it! Do it!

5 Likes

My color was green and since I’ve been rereading Swamp Thing…

12 Likes

@nightwing2005 Very nice piece! Everything about your drawing is perfect. The lean, the clothes, the board, etc. Are those Vans he is wearing?

4 Likes

@stefanie.m Only one word comes to mind. Outrageous!(Also nice use of the color, it was just right.)

4 Likes

@Goldk I am GREEN with envy! Superb work!!

4 Likes

I had purple, but I wanted to dig deep for a different purple character. Then I remembered Maul from WildCATs was a DC property. So, I present to you my Maul…

10 Likes

I’m a November baby, so I got red.
I had the idea of what would it look like from the perspective of a bad guy being held by Superman while he is using his heat vision which happens to be red.
I know a little morbid got me this week and Superman probably wouldn’t use it on a bad guy unless he could take it, but I had to follow when inspiration struck.

PS I usually go black and white so color was a struggle for me. I had to go back to my childhood and pick up my red crayon for this one. I hope it turned out ok.

9 Likes

I dig it @ImpulseMaxMercury. My mind visualized Darkseid final got what he deserves. I think the horizontal strokes kinda makes it look like those heat waves you see on the street when it is super hot outside.

3 Likes

It’s the middle of the night, but I really wanted to upload this. I got white/silver, so I thought of Wally’s Rebirth Flash suit where he has lightning designs for the silver areas.

8 Likes

@nightwing2005 Awesome job doing the whole piece in green! I like your choice of green shades - it looks nice without being too green yet still being all green (if that makes sense).

@stefanie.m Outrageous piece! Great job on recreating the style of the characters, and I love how you choose to do black and white except for the orange suits - it looks fantastic!

@Goldk Love it! I especially like the detail of the tiny vines curling off of Swamp Thing. The use of green throughout is also amazingly well done (it kinda looks like I’m looking through night-vision goggles at the elusive Swamp Thing!) Fantastic work!

@RobArt471 Really cool character choice! I think you did an incredible job on the muscle definition and the shading and coloring throughout. Great work!

@ImpulseMaxMercury I like the use of red, especially with the eyes! Superman definitely looks a bit intimidating. Really nice work!

@Aegiey Love the pose and background you went with. Wally looks great, and you did an awesome job with the suit! Incredible work!

2 Likes

@Aegiey that is really great! The anatomy is spot on and the action pose is awesome!

I was bad at doing a lot of the challenges this month, but I did get the gumption to do this one! My birth month is November, which was red, and who else could I draw?

4 Likes

She looks great! I love the way you did the hatching as well as how you incorporated the color red. Awesome work!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like