DC Fan Art Club: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer

@DCFanArtClub - now’s the time to show off how your DC favs are spending their summers. :sun_with_face:

Thanks to everyone who participated in this monthly challenge for July! Thank you guys for keeping the club alive in my absence, especially our substitute leader extraordinaire — @BestBeastBoy !

10 Likes

@CynicalPink I thought even planets need to enjoy the summer so Mogo would be sunning itself in front of a sun.
The rest of the Green Lanterns are enjoying themselves as well.

PS I tried to go with a “Starry Night” feel with outer space. I lot of work especially only using a pencil so I hope you like it.

14 Likes

I also second @BestBeastBoy as holding down the fort ( and for helping me keep the get well cards a secret from you know who)!

3 Likes

It is with great confusion and honor that I present Ch’p on a beachball.

15 Likes

@Broken-Knight This is so cute! How does he balance on the beach ball so well?
So far between yours and mine, apparently we are keeping summer green!

3 Likes

These are both great, and I definitely like the green trend so far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whoa, you are slaying all these challenges! I didn’t think you’d get this one in, too, since you also had the Fandome competition on your plate!

As usual, I really enjoy your creativity! Sunbathing Mogul is hilarious with that SPF #, and it’s fun picking out the mini lanterns in the background (especially the duck floaty :sweat_smile:).

3 Likes

He’s so adorable! This is another one that would make such a cute sticker/decal. Like how you incorporated your sig into the work, too!

2 Likes

15 Likes

:rofl: Ohmagosh. This is gorgeously drawn and hilarious, but also kinda twisted. Please tell me he nudged her down the water slide? And your coloring and details are ace! I think this is one of your best pieces yet.

4 Likes

Well played Max.

2 Likes

In this world there is a general void in terms of Ch’p work.

You make this world better.

2 Likes

And I still have to work on this week’s challenge too! But I’ll get it done, as I’m committed just need to find the time.
Drawing the tiny lanterns but also trying to make each recognizable was the difficult part. I almost got out a magnifying glass to get the details perfect on their small faces but then it would have taken me a few more months. I hope they are still able to be guessed but I won’t be offended if they are not

2 Likes

@_UnderScore this is hilarious! I can imagine him getting out of breath trying to blow a bubble and not being able to. And I worry about Nora in the water. I get the feeling like ice in a drink but that feels wrong to say

4 Likes

@_UnderScore I just have to say it…
@Broken-Knight‘s picture is all that and a bag of Ch’ps

3 Likes

I love that he still has frozen wife with him - real dedication. oh, and the art is awesome

3 Likes

I’m just glad Nora finally gets some time for herself outside the lab :microscope:. Fantastic work man. I love how you took something so dark and made it light but not letting us forget the stories reality. Excellent job.@jdebottis .93473

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

just a little scene to show that the old Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Black Canary team could relax too.

8 Likes

Little late and not sure if its ok via group rules but figured it was fine since I was inspired by said comic :grin: (I mean have yall seen Jokers look :+1:)

4 Likes