DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #4

Week-4-Header

Dear @DCFanArtClub, technically it’s Saturday morning where I’m at, so I’m rolling out our Week 4 challenge for my fellow insomniacs and more westward timezone-rs.

With so many of us sent and/or stuck home, what better time to take in our surroundings and imagine how they could be phenomenally cooler?

WEEK 4: “THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME HIDEOUTS”

Due: Saturday, March 28
Tools: Anything but toilet paper.

Your challenge?

Draw either of the following:

1. Your ideal lair, if you were a hero/villain
  2. A brand-new lair for a poor DC character who’s lacking a hideout to call their own. This can be for a hero, villain or even a random civilian/side-character.
Submissions

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

8 Likes

I’ve got an idea for a Mutant hideout (Dark Knight Returns), similar to the underground arcade from the first 90’s Ninja Turtles movie. This is gonna be good.

3 Likes

Now I’m picturing Larfleeze chilling in a toilet paper fort.

4 Likes

oh man, i LOVED looking at stuff like this when i was a kid, but i never drew anything like it!

:laughing:

2 Likes

Well, I’m glad some people are up. This is gonna be fun!

3 Likes

I LOVED that place as a kid. I mean, I rooted for the turtles, but c’mon. The Foot provided free gaming.

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: what if I did it on toilet paper?

3 Likes

@AnonymousHQ Then I’m sending the enraged pandemic Walmart shoppers your way

ps: plus your art deserves better than that

4 Likes

I can take em :rofl:!

3 Likes

As someone who sucks at and avoids backgrounds at all costs, I’m feeling regret.

6 Likes

If I spelled any of the words wrong, it’s just because my pens got gummed up and I’m dumb, but mostly my pens got gummed up

7 Likes

@CynicalPink I finally settled on an idea. With my overuse of details and the fact that I don’t necessarily have to draw people this should be fun!

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury I was thinking of your robin 80th when writing the challenge, tbh!

4 Likes

Wow! I am humbled! Thanks for the shoutout! Anything in particular that made you think of my Robin picture?

3 Likes

@CynicalPink here is my entry for this week’s challenge.
I thought they always showed Killer Croc as just living in a cave, so I thought about how he would decorate his hideout. I’m curious if everyone will get my references this time, I really tried to fill with pop culture details.

5 Likes

All the thought and detail you put into your background!

And comments to come on your week 4 entry and biff’s soon as I get back to the comp. :+1:

4 Likes

@biff_pow I LOVE this, now that I can actually read it! I am so envious of your creativity! And the roommate is adorable :heart_eyes_cat: Grundy would adore his new lair.

@ImpulseMaxMercury Like I mentioned before, so much detail to love! I’m stumped with the Mick reference, but I get a kick out of the Wally hate and his trophy rock (especially since he didn’t even get Batman with it, he “almost” got him. hahaha).

3 Likes

Thank you! I hope it’s clear it’s not a grave. Just a hole.

3 Likes

@CynicalPink thanks!
As for Mick, who is one of the most famous crocodile hunters? Why Crocodile Mick Dundee of course!

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury embarrassed I didn’t get that!

@biff_pow grave didn’t even cross my mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes