DCFAC's May 2020 Challenge: Meta Madhouse

This May, members of the @DCFanArtClub brought the community’s META MADHOUSE: TOURNAMENT OF TERROR to life (thanks to @HubCityQuestion for the recommendation!).

Our artists went WAY above and beyond with this challenge. If you see something you like, please drop them a comment below to show your support!

See the full lineup of artists and their challenges by visiting here: DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, May 2020

Line
Like what you see? You can find the artwork for past challenges by checking out the Weekly and Monthly archives on the DCFAC Club Page.

9 Likes

Dear Team: I’m glad you guys are more on your game than your club leader. Work unexpectedly devoured my morning, I’ve got to run out for a while this afternoon, and tonight will be dedicated to assembling the teams for the June challenge, so I don’t foresee getting my entry in any time today. Forgive me! Your stuff is more impressive, anyhow, so enjoy posting! :laughing:

8 Likes

I didn’t even start. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Mine will be in a little later today! But I swear it WILL be in TODAY.

3 Likes

Brainiac vs Gorilla Grodd

Also I made this piece using Todd McFarlane and Greg capullo spawn #57 as a reference for the pose

Brainiac wins lol :joy:

18 Likes

I remember when you shared your rough draft with us! This came out so incredible! Love all of the elements you incorporated, from the background to Brainiac’s anatomy, to make this your own.

5 Likes

This is about how I’d imagine the fight between Ra’s al Ghul and the Riddler would go, at least near the end of the fight.

15 Likes

Haha, very nice! Love, symbolically and literally, how you placed Nygma in the towering shadow of Ra’s. That sounds about right to me.

:laughing: I felt very bad for some of the characters when I saw the match lineup. Some of these baddies had no chance of survival, never mind a win.

5 Likes

Anti monitor vs black Adam

13 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

Wow! This looks amazing! Great job on the detail - you can really feel the power of Brainiac’s punch through Grodd. I also really love what you did with the background. This could easily be the cover of some comic book.

7 Likes

Love how you put Riddler cowering in Ra’s al Ghul’s shadow (and good job making the shadow very recognizably Ra’s)- I feel like this is very accurate to how this fight would have gone.

6 Likes

You made a whole mini-comic!! It’s incredible! You did a great job portraying the action without it being confusing. Well done!

6 Likes

Great job depicting Grodd’s mind powers! Also, love the coloring.

5 Likes

Vandal Savage versus Brainiac
I selected Legends of Tomorrow’s Vandal Savage versus Krypton’s Brainiac for my fight, even down to their logos!

15 Likes

This was amazing I really felt like I was reading a new issue of a comic book! You really captured a full battle instead of just one part.

7 Likes