DC Episodes & Movies Turned Into Comic Book Covers

April-Submissions-Post

A collection of animated and live-action episodes turned into comic book cover art.

@DCFanArtClub - time to show off your work for April! If you haven’t finished yet (coughguiltycough), you can add it here later.

20 Likes

Noo! I forgot about it! With school and stuff!

4 Likes

You can turn it in later, if you still want to. :slight_smile: There’s no way I’m finishing by tonight. In fact, I’m planning on crashing early.

6 Likes

Just finished mine today! This took me ALL MONTH Nightwing’s Young Justice suit is so much more complicated than any of the comic versions and there was only one episode of reference visuals for the red hooded ninja. But I quite like how it turned out.

21 Likes

@Broken-Knight Dude, that’s gorgeous! Beautiful work with the poses! And the background. And the details of their outfits. And the feet. You’ve got Liefeld beat.

5 Likes

ps: Love that you made the issue number match the ep!

8 Likes

Ah ty!!! I was hoping someone would catch that.

8 Likes

Image I worked from

17 Likes

Lovely job man agree with @CynicalPink poses are amazing. Along with their outfits and shadows. Awesome cover!

7 Likes

You really nailed the art style for Batman Beyond! Also nice coloring with what I assume are colored pencils? You really got the color to go down nice and smooth with minimal streaking that actually adds some nice texture to the art. Great job!

5 Likes

@CynicalPink here is my tv show turned comic book cover.
Of course I went Legendary and I decided to include historical reference just like the show and pay homage to the Justice Society of America. I even went so far as placing Atom where the Atom was originally. Issue five for season five and Spring Issue as it did not come back until this year.
I’m including the original cover as well to show what I worked from. Hope you enjoy!

19 Likes

Thanks to @Broken-Knight, I accidentally submitted to the wrong thread:/ here is this months piece, I decided to do a cover for episode 5 of the all star games!!

19 Likes

i did mine in a silver age style (besides the '90s style 3d embossed holo-foil lettering!), with the covers sensationalizing the content (robotman doesn’t really try to eat an alligator)

i wasn’t planning to finish my second one, but i did(ish). spot the hidden cameo!

apologies to April Bowlby and her lovely face

20 Likes

Based off the show “the Batman” episode “clayfaces”

21 Likes

So I love the episode #9 of Harley Quinn season 1: A seat at the table. My husband is a huge Kill Bill fan, so I did a movie poster tribute. Poor Bane getting picked on by a, damn millennial. Lol.

16 Likes

I chose an episode from the ‘70s Wonder Woman television series. A two part episode entitled ‘Mind Stealers From Outer Space’. Although I love many episodes from this series, this one captures everything that was fab about this incarnation of Wonder Woman…right down to the beast-alien who is enticed to kill by glitter!! :joy: I suggest you give it a watch…it is in season 2!

16 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

Super cool!

3 Likes

Here’s my cover! I forgot I was going to put the issue number. Lol. Should be 37. The episode title is there, Living The Nightmare, from DC Super Hero Girls, where we see all the hero girls battling their nightmares, but I decided to focus on Jess here, and her pose is a reference to a panel from Green Lanterns: Rebirth (2016) issue 6 as well as a second from the episode itself.

Originally I wanted to try a cover that used negative space, but it ended up like this. I admit I prefer this, though. :slight_smile:

Everyone’s covers look so cool!

14 Likes

That’s really good! I just saw that episode this week.

4 Likes