DCFAC Week 11 Challenge: Members’ Takes On Official Art

In the DC Fan Art Club’s Week 11 Challenge, Kelex assigned members random pages of official comic art to reproduce.

Artists were free to try to reproduce it perfectly, or to give it their own personal flair.

@DCFanArtClub Feel free to start sharing your pieces below! Other members of the community, you’re welcome to comment or join in with your own art.

12 Likes

Enter! The Scoobter!

18 Likes

Posting this again on this thread!
Page one of White Knight, quick sketch drawn in charcoal.

15 Likes

@CynicalPink I’m currently trying to finish my monthly as well as my weekly so hopefully soon!

7 Likes

I know the feeling! :sweat_drops: No worries!

5 Likes

Sorry for the Tim Burton-esque architecture. :sweat_smile: Super rush job!

15 Likes

I like the vibrant colors you went with

6 Likes

Batman/Superman #12 pg 9

18 Likes

Thanks, @ddeleonvfx!

4 Likes

Dopeeee!

5 Likes

All of these art pieces look amazing! Well done everyone (and I can’t wait to see more!).

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Great job! This made me smile.

@ddeleonvfx Love your replication - it looks fantastic, especially the Batmobile.

@CynicalPink Beautiful art and coloring! Really love the style too.

@Aquamon Wow! Just, wow. Your art looks like it could have been the original artwork pre-coloring!

8 Likes

ALL NIGHTER WOOOOOO! Sss, I can’t write in all caps.

8 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Looks so cute! I love how it came out

@ddeleonvfx Really cool! It reminds me of an old school mystery novel.

@CynicalPink Woah, that looks so awesome! I love the colors and how distinct everything looks

@Aquamon Dang, so impressive. Really fantastic work!

5 Likes

@WingsOfAether, @ddeleonvfx & @Aegiey, Thanks you I really appreciate that :trident: :hugs:

5 Likes

@CynicalPink Ohh these colors are great! And it looks so cool presented in your sketchbook <3

5 Likes

@CynicalPink here is my completed work for this week.
Last book I read was Heroes in Crisis 5 and I had to reproduce page 11.
Sorta luck for me the page had the nine panel spread. I could have gone the easy way and taken one of the easier panels but this is supposed to be a challenge right?
I am including the original panel as comparison.

14 Likes

I love the colors!

3 Likes

Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity Issue One

I ended up spending a lot of time on this for a weekly challenge but I had a lot of fun so :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Nice! I haven’t read HiC, but I question whether they are in pain or loving that. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh I like the style you put to this and the colors are great!

4 Likes