DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #19 Submissions

@DCFanArtClub - The moment’s arrived for you to share what headlines our heroes and villains are making this week!

This week’s prompt was:

WEEK 19: “READ ALL ABOUT IT”

Blow Jimmy out of the water by showing how you’ve captured our heroes in action for those front-page stories.

4 Likes

@CynicalPink read all about it!
Read all about it!
“20 Facts Plastic Surgeons Won’t Tell You”!
I think I spent as much time on the supporting newspaper articles as I usually spend on my drawings! Also I hope everyone enjoys seeing familiar names in the news. You’re famous (and hopefully not offended)!
Sorry about the image quality but I wanted to make sure I captured all the words as well. You may need to zoom in.

13 Likes

My hand hurts just looking at all that writing. Great job!

3 Likes

@Broken-Knight Coming up with the articles was the hardest part. I hope you don’t mind that I made you into a song about lost love

2 Likes

This is awesome. Excellent idea!
Plastic man is fantastic.

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury I love it! I love the name of the band!
Here’s my entry.

13 Likes

@Goldk thanks! I thought Blue Man Group and paired Blue (Beetle) with Gold(Booster) and there I go!
Yours is amazing and I like the scary depiction of Superman as people would not be aware of what he looks like. Did you write all the text yourself because it was so good! Felt like I could hear Lois’ voice in my head. I like the setting of the story and how that might influence people’s position on this man from space.

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Wow - this must have taken forever to write out and draw! I love the article snippets :rofl: hilariously ingenious! The art is great as well. Awesome work!

@Goldk This is incredible! It could easily be the cover of a newspaper. I love the art style and shading you used. Well done!

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Thank you. I wrote the article myself. When I saw the headline and wondered how many people didn’t realize or forgot that Superman was an alien and started doing some research I realized that the first issue of Superman came out only months before Orson Wells “War of The Worlds” and wondered how the world at that time would have reacted had they known he was an alien.
@WingsOfAether Thanks, I really had fun doing this.

4 Likes

The article was so good I wasn’t sure if you had written it or if it was from something! :joy: It is a great article - fantastic work!

2 Likes

There are no words for how much I enjoyed this! It was such a fun surprise to see all of us featured as part of the paper. :rofl: And the acid peels story was a PERFECT answer to the prompt. On the purely visual end of things, once again, I think these drawings are some of your best yet. You’ve been rapidly improving, my friend!

Also, no one should miss their shoutout in here, so:

@stefanie.m , @cici , @RobArt471 , @Z-A-C , @Reaganfan78, @Goldk , @SuperBlueGrodd , @Aquamon , @WonderWoman_85 , @_UnderScore

7 Likes

and also @PekapekaLongtailedBatJamags ~

Oh! And @biff_pow is in there, too!

5 Likes

That’s an awesome background to your composition, and adds so much to the artwork! Now I know why the “artist rendering” is so terrifying looking, as it feeds into what the citizens would likely imagine of an alien at that time. Add that to Jimmy’s “shady” photography, and this all comes together perfectly.

2 Likes

Duuuuuude!!! The art is amazing no doubt but the use of well us in your piece is just fantastic and super clever!! I’m honored to be a lead singer making people believe in lost love (looking at you blood) :grin: also the surgery bit about harm to bats and the renuyu is just so perfect. Well done my friend! And I second CP every week your art just shines. plastic man is spot on!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

And @Broken-Knight as the title of the song about lost love…

3 Likes

I laughed at that but didn’t tag them, since they already saw your piece :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Look mom! I’m in the news!” Haha this is such a great idea to include us in I love it! And idk why I laughed so loud at “do bats harm.” :joy::clap:

3 Likes

oh my gosh this is so cool and fun! and i’m so honored to have made the news! thank you, and thanks @CynicalPink for tagging me!

3 Likes

@Goldk that is amazing. The amount of detail going into the original time period of the comics and tying it to the War of the Worlds broadcast and people’s distrust of aliens was brilliant. As I said before I heard Lois’ voice in my head so well done!

1 Like

@WingsOfAether thank you! I was trying to pull in elements from the comics and when I got plastic surgeons I knew I had to include two face and clay face . But then I got the inspiration to bring in Plastic man as well. And I thought I’d take a chance and incorporate a lot of the club members in the other articles. My only concern was that I would leave someone out and I didn’t want to offend anyone.

2 Likes