Art Celebrating DCFandome's Promos!

DCFandome has shown there’s a lot of amazing media awaiting on the horizon! In this thread, community artists are challenged to get creative with the movie or game you’re most anticipating.

This was the @DCFanArtClub’s monthly challenge for September. Feel free to explore past challenges below, or check out this link to learn more about the club. Happy October, everyone! :halloween_batman:

Past Weekly Challenges Archive:

1. Expressions: Wear your heart on your (spandex) sleeve
  2. DC LEGO: Just Imagine
  3. Knee-Biters: DC Characters as Toddlers
  4. No Place Like Hideouts: Background challenge
  5. DCFac’s Eggcellent Adventure: Easter egg decorating, DC-style
  6. Feline Fine and Artin’ Onward: Catwoman’s 80th Anniversary
  7. The Anti-blank-Batman-head coalition project: Community User Icons (Free for any to use!)
  8. Community Tag: Members supplying prompts to other members
  9. ‘GID GOOD, SCRUB’ : The Question playing video games while sitting in a beanbag chair
  10. I Make This Look Good: DC weapons, gear and more
  11. Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Reproducing official comic artwork
  12. ‘Let the coin decide.’ : Members rolled to see if they would be drawing heroes or villains
  13. DC Diversity: Celebrating black cast members of the DCU in honor of Juneteenth
  14. Challenge 1. DC Pride: Celebrating LBGTQ+ characters in honor of Pride Month
    Challenge 2: LGBTQ+ Icons for the DCU community
  15. ‘We the People’: In celebration of the Fourth, famous figures of history redrawn as DC characters
  16. Character Challenge: Speedsters
  17. ‘Rainbow Connection’: Color-prompt challenge
  18. ‘Out-of-Context Chaos’: Artists picked a single line of text from a comic and created original (and very unrelated) art for it.
  19. ‘Read All About It’: Artists received prompts from a random newspaper headline generator
  20. Character Challenge: Martian Manhunter
  21. ‘Seeing Stars’: The heroes and villains of live-action Stargir
  22. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ : Drawing characters as teens — but only those we haven’t already seen often de-aged in canon material.
  23. ‘Element-ary’: DC heroes and villains who are master wielders of the elements

Past Monthly Challenges Archive:

1. March 2020: 80 Years of Robin
  2. April 2020: DC Episodes Turned Into Comic Book Covers
  3. May 2020: Meta Madhouse: TOURNAMENT OF TERROR
  4. June 2020: Team Trinity Challenge
  5. July 2020: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer
  6. August 2020: DC Masterpiece

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

9 Likes

Well, I did this for Gotham Knights:

I really didn’t like it much. So, I did this instead which I like tons better. Celebrating WW 1984:

14 Likes

What! Hes lovely the color is pretty spot on and muscle definition too.

She is flipping fierce. Nice calf muscle definition she being doing leg lifts for days :smile: also her face is super intense and the background is beautiful addition. :+1:
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f375375387254384934504d3535413d3d2d3436363131353139392e313465313864323864373762633265643530343331363539373434302e676966

Both lovely submissions! :clap:

5 Likes

Per a suggestion from @CynicalPink after last week’s Batman I drew using bats, I made The Flash poster drawing the Flash and colliding parallel worlds using tiny lightning bolts, with Michael Keaton as Batman once again out of bats. It was a challenge especially to get a reasonable realistic look using the same shape repeated by hand so I hope you like it. Now I’m going to take a nap!

10 Likes

Ok, that is extremely radical.

2 Likes

Exactly what @SuperBlueGrodd said!! The commitment it takes, you are astounding!

PS
Keaton looks spot on too!!

3 Likes

Thank you! I just don’t color often and feel like it shows on Nightwing, but I will continue to practice to get better!!

I may have gotten a little carried away there, but she is strong enough to carry me. LOL! :smile:

3 Likes

@SuperBlueGrodd thanks!

2 Likes

@RobArt471 thanks! It did take a lot of work to do more so than Batman out of bats because he was mostly in shadow.
I was a little worried on Keaton as I wanted to capture him as an older Batman but still make him recognizable as that specific Batman

3 Likes

@RobArt471 astounding work! I like the Gotham Knights one especially the spinning weapon and just the subdued color scheme.
Wonder Woman was amazing! It looked right out of a comic book. She looks so imposing! Great job!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the flattering words!!

BTW, I would love to see the Batman Who Laughs “Flash version” made from Lightning Bats. J/king! You probably have carpal tunnel already!!

5 Likes

IMM dude. Love it just like your bats. All that movement and style :ok_hand: :sunglasses: and I always love a good flash and bman team up!
Batman-Takes-Flash-Pretzel

5 Likes

!!! you’ve even got wrinkles in Keaton’s forehead!!!

4 Likes

I’m not happy with Supes face.

10 Likes

@Goldk thanks! I wanted to capture his likeness as best I could and the wrinkles gave me more shadows to play with.
Great job on your post! I like the terror I can feel in the team running from Superman. I thought Superman looked great and creepy like he was under mind control which may be the reason he is using heat vision? Great job

3 Likes

@RobArt471 I must say it intrigued me. I like when ideas just get my creative juices flowing. Would a lightning bat look like this? If so maybe I can do something…

7 Likes

That looks like a lightning bat to me!

3 Likes

Supes looks good to me along with the rest of it. IMO, I think this is cover quality stuff. The boiling flesh on King Shark, even Harley’s mouth/tongue is cooking. So much detail in everything. Really makes me think of George Perez by the style and quality. Superbly done!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury A friend! :3 I love him

3 Likes

@RobArt471 I actually really like both! And neither are easy to do with all the muscles, especially with Nightwing you can’t hide anything! So props to you dude :clap: The facial expression and armor shading is my favorite part of wonder woman’s :kissing_closed_eyes::ok_hand: Just curious, when you start drawing these what area do you start with?

@Goldk I’m so impressed with your hands. Harley’s hand is the first thing I noticed and I’m jelly :clap: I also love the poses and overall placement of everyone, it really captures the chaos and personalities :+1:

2 Likes