DC Fan Art Club: Week 23 Submissions: 'Element-ary'

Wow, I love this!! The colors are so vibrant and clean. :100:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love that you tackled every element!! They are all done so well, but Red is definitely my favorite. :blush:

5 Likes

This is awesome!! Her hands and the flames create such graceful shapes, and I love how she transcends the bordering, which is evocative of the untamable nature of her signature element! Gorgeous!

4 Likes

Volcana! First time trying out acrylic paint markers.

9 Likes

oh wow shes gorgeous. The movement with her hair is great and the colors. :clap: and her pose. But also those boots.

Never would have guessed. Were they difficult to work with?

4 Likes

@stefanie.m Thanks!! Since I only had the one tip width it was a bit hard to get clean edges and smooth surfaces, so Iā€™m definitely going to have to invest in a bigger variety of markers.

5 Likes

That looks awesomeā„¢ļø Wouldnā€™t have guessed first time.

4 Likes

@NYJt3 Thanks!!

4 Likes

Thanks, @stefanie.m! Iā€™m definitely trying to work on my flames and other elemental visuals. OMG, I love that episode lol! Yeah, work has been kickin my buttā€”hopefully I can participate in some more challenges.

Thank you, @NYJt3!

Thanks so much, @Hyperia90! Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the ā€œelementsā€ of this piece :grin:

5 Likes

OK. I broke out the sketchbook and pencilā€¦!

Cyclone

10 Likes

Well done mate, I would never attempt such an angle but your skills are amazing! Nice touch with spit coming out his mouth too. Good movement and intense face. :muscle:

2 Likes

NICE! Per degatton and Cyclone are equal when it comes to underratedness

3 Likes

Amazing job! Definitely like his reaching out!

2 Likes

Oh WOW! This is fantastic IMM, Great Job! You killed it with the shading for the hair and ice facets for his skin.

2 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp, Beautiful job with the colors! was that done with markers or watercolor? Also love the mellow :laughing:

@ImpulseMaxMercury, Cold and Heat Waveā€™s facial expression are so good! :laughing:

@stefanie.m is this the same guy from the SS movie? Never read one with him in it or this comic. Looks Awesome, Great Job! and love it when we get to see the process. Also, Hell Yeah!

@NYJt3, Oh I love this, the colors are so good here and always love when the line work is done with the colors! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any of your work on here before :thinking: Could you let me know what other challenges youā€™ve done please?

@EasternShoreSpeedster, look at you going after my heart! :joy: I was gonna do Fire myself if Iā€™d gotten to this one, still might just because I love the character. JLU played a big part in that. This looks absolutely Amazing! Great job with shading and hair!

@bgrimm0461.71770, WOW, this is cover worthy Great job! :metal:

@Hyperia90, Great Job and would never have guessed this was your first go with the markers! Love the Hair, shading with the paints, the green background and the texture overall with this piece! Bravo!

@Goldk, Very Awesome! Love the dynamic poses and great job with the perspective. :flexmentallo_dp:

7 Likes

Thanks. This was my first one.

4 Likes

I believe so i didnā€™t read the comic its on my to do list, the cover was pretty sweet and I wanted to do him anyway so it was perfect. Thanks for the kind words!

F38EB957-FDB3-4D4F-8616-B48BF70202CA

4 Likes

Well itā€™s a terrific first entry!

3 Likes

Hi, everyone! Updated our preview gif with the newest entries!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Iā€™m sorry you couldnā€™t do your group image, but this came out gorgeous. I feel like Iā€™m saying it every week, but I think itā€™s your best yet. Your work is veering more and more to realism, which is not easy to accomplish (especially when drawing someone with ā€œskinā€ as reflective as Icicle). Truly amazing work!

Part II: :rofl: I feel mean for grinning at that. Thatā€™d be a total sibling move. Ty for the double entry!

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Love your colors and the details on the flames! I can tell the colors popped even more off screen.

@stefanie.m His character was one of the things I actually really loved about the first Suicide Squad movie! Your colors are amazingly rich, and this is a kicka$$ redraw. You maybe already answered this in the comments, but what did you color with?

Part II: Another double entry. And Kite-Man! :joy: I never thought of him for this challenge and am SO happy you did.

@NYJt3 Once again, so happy you joined us for this challenge! You went so ambitious, too, going for a group shot. This came out absolutely awesome. Still loving Terra and also Azā€™s sword. Such a powerful entry for your first club submission! Canā€™t wait to see what else youā€™ve got coming.

@EasternShoreSpeedster I know next to nothing about Fire, but Iā€™ve always loved her design when I see her pop up in things. You captured such a wild and playful energy, here. And the details of her makeup and waist chain are such pretty touches! So nice to see you around again!

@bgrimm0461.71770 For sure! Tempest would have been a great addition.

@Hyperia90 Beautiful composition! I canā€™t believe thatā€™s your first time working with acrylic paint markers! Looks like you took to them like a natural. Love the sheen to her leggings, and the delicate shading. That had to be difficult with that media! :dizzy_face:

@Goldk This is so sharp! So jealous of how well you handle the ripple and folds of her hair and clothing. Make a tutorial sometime. :wink:

5 Likes

Copic markers and then went over it with a white colored pencil. Thanks boss it was a fun challenge :+1:

3 Likes