DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #1

@DCFanArtClub - Welcome to our first actually-a-weeklong challenge!

To kick things off we’re breaking out of the comfortable drawing territory of smiles and grimaces. Time to channel your inner Clayface, get in touch with your dramatic side, and try your luck with an EXPRESSIONS CHALLENGE.

WEEK 1:
“WEARING YOUR HEART ON YOUR (SPANDEX) SLEEVE”

Due: Saturday, March 7
Tools: Anything!

How it works:

Sample Roll

• First number = Which character you’re drawing
  • Second number = The emotion you’re conveying
  • 0 = your choice (If Kelex gives you a single digit, read it as 02, 03, 04, etc.)

For example:

^ This means I would draw Harley (#7) with any expression of my choosing (#0)

NOTE: You can roll and complete this challenge as many times as you want. Happy art’ing!

Submissions

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

9 Likes

@CynicalPink so how does this work? Do I receive an assignment?

1 Like

@ImpulseMaxMercury Nope! Just roll the die by typing:

Sample Roll

Kelex will give you your assignment from there. :slight_smile: Make sure you type it exactly like in that picture, otherwise the roll won’t work.

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d99

1 Like

:game_die: 98

There ya go! So for your first doodle, you’d draw Zatanna (#9) as suspicious (#8)

After you finish, you’re welcome to roll and play again. :slight_smile:

If anyone has questions or needs help, just send me a message! I’ll be over here drawing my Meet the Artist entry. :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 60

@CynicalPink definitely outside my comfort zone but I’ll give it a try…

1 Like

@Jay_Kay Please draw a sugar high Krypto

@ImpulseMaxMercury G’luck! I have a feeling it’s gonna be out of a lot of people’s comfort zones. :muscle: I believe in ya!

3 Likes

Oof, haven’t drawn a lot of animals, so definitely outside my comfort zone. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Jay_Kay Maybe of some assistance?

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 28

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 31

I think I might have gotten the most regular one possible.

2 Likes

Dice Gods were on your side… so far…

2 Likes

I want anyone but Wonder Woman. Her hair is always such a pain in the backside for me.