DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #2

Happy Saturday, @DCFanArtClub! This week’s challenge is brought to you by

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 6.02.35 PM @chongoboy1014:
“what if we did a challenge where we take one of the LEGO Dc or Batman models (chosen by you) out there, then drew or designed a piece of sequential art or something telling a story with that set or with the characters in it?”

Sooo, the official DC University Community Guidelines say no original stories or comic panels (#3), so I had to tweak the suggestion slightly.

WEEK 2: “JUST IMAGINE”

Due: Saturday, March 14
Tools: Anything if drawing, or camera/cell phone

How it works (3 options!):

1. Draw any of the following LEGO images/dioramas in cartoon style, comic style, or your own personal style. If you’re feeling daring, roll for it (@Kelix roll 1d18). No claiming for this round; multiple people can use the same photo prompt.
  1. Draw any of your favorite DC scenes or characters in LEGO style (example).

2. Own DC LEGOs? Show off your photography! Set them up in a scene, snap a photo. If you have access to a digital app, feel free to add speech bubbles (if not, type out the dialogue/scene below your photo).

PSA

1. If you are a member of this club, when posting your artwork in the FAN CREATIONS section of the community, you’re welcome to use the #dcfac hashtag so that your fellow club members don’t miss your work.

2. If you’re a non-artist member of this community, and just here to watch and cheer, please feel free to participate in our discussions! If there’s something specific you’d love to see (e.g., “I really hope someone does photo prompt #16!”), say so! Ya might get lucky. :wink:

Submissions

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

7 Likes

Oop! And before I forget: Weekly Challenge #1’s opening post has been edited to include a list of everyone’s submissions, in case you want to browse. Let me know if I missed you. Thanks!

2 Likes

prompt 17 has to have come from the deep web :laughing:

4 Likes

@CynicalPink this looks like fun! I already have a few ideas and will most likely go with Option 2!

3 Likes

yes. not originally my hard drive or anything. :smiley:

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Definitely going with Option 1. As for which prompt, 6 or 12 are very tempting.
-M

3 Likes

All of those prompts are cool builds, but I especially love the Alan Scott one. I was geeking out about the construction on the I-beam. I don’t even know if that’s what I’ll draw because it’s just taken straight from an existing cover, but I do love it.

Also, I may or may not have photographed an entire LEGO comic earlier this year. I never got around to actually editing it together, but maybe I can dig up part of it for a sampler.

5 Likes

Definitely going to do number 12. I’ve loved Doctor Fate’s design ever since I saw him in Young Justice and have been looking for an excuse to draw him.

4 Likes

LEGO flash :joy:

12 Likes

wow!

3 Likes

@Viciousdark you are indeed the fastest artist alive :flash_hv_1:

And this is great! Always impressed at how you capture movement/energy in your drawings. Mine always feel stiff :confounded:

5 Likes

Thank you @biff_pow, and I love your art @CynicalPink. I’m doing another one real quick lol :joy: this is too much fun.

3 Likes

@Viciousdark Yaaay! I always look forward to seeing

I’m out right now but y’all are making me wish I was home with my sketch pad :pleading_face:

3 Likes

:rofl: …the littlest Batman

13 Likes

Lego Batman and Robin…I thought coloring his eyes would make them less wonky :woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

Both are so lovely but that batman kills me. :batman_hv_2: :joy: Now all I see is him on that rock.

3 Likes

I love your LEGO Batman & Robin @stefanie.murr7. Batman expression is great :joy:.

3 Likes

I’m almost done with my week 1 piece. It ended up being more detailed than I thought. I’ll upload it today.

2 Likes

A bit sketchy, but not my worst.

-M

8 Likes