DC History Club & Harley’s Crew present 📺 V FOR VENDETTA 💥 Book Club & Watch-Along/Scavenger Hunt! MONDAY 6/7 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

Hey, everybody! Harley’s Crew & DC History Club have another movie we’d like to watch—only this one comes w/ a book discussion beforehand, and everyone’s invited! :tada:

Details below for anyone who hasn’t seen it (or read it), or if you’re new to watch-alongs…

V For Vendetta (2005): Set in a future England overwhelmed by tyranny and oppression, a mysterious freedom fighter, known only by the alias “V” seeks to raise a resistance and overthrow the fascist government w/ the help of a young woman, Evey Hammond.:rose:Curious how they got there, who’s behind the mask, how many splosions, and how it all ends? Join us! :point_down:And don’t forget your snacks!!

:boom: Scavenger Hunt: (Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood @Razzzcat and trusty Crew co-conspirator @Devi_Amuro) We’ll provide the list just before the WAL begins. As the items and answers come up during the movie, we’ll fill in the cards! :boom:

But FIRST: :books: :coffee: You are cordially invited to discuss the graphic novel!

:rose: Head to the DCUI Library: :arrow_right: V for Vendetta (1988) 1-10

:rose: Reading begins right here, right now!

:rose: Discussion will begin MONDAY 5/24, and will run straight up until showtime on MONDAY 6/7.

Have you read it before? Did you enjoy it? What did you think of dialogue, plot or artwork? How is the story relevant to Pride Month? Anything about the book you’d like to discuss—don’t be shy! Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready, then come by for the watch-along. :boom: Hope to see you here!

PLEASE NOTE:
You’ll need your own copy or rental of the movie! It’s available on HBOMax OR you can rent it right :arrow_right: HERE.

Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track.
Rated: R, Runtime: 132 minutes
:dc_history_club: :harleys_crew: Contact @Razzzcat or @msgtv below if you have any questions.

19 Likes

:boom: 16 Crazy Things You Didn’t Know About V for Vendetta

:writing_hand: Author: Alan Moore

:heavy_heart_exclamation: The Mirror of Love

:books: (More) Moore in the DCUI Library:

Swamp Thing (1982) 20-64

Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? (1986)

Promethea (1999)

7 Likes

7 Likes

It’s been a while since I saw the movie and a long time since I read the comic, so this should be interesting to do. :smiley:

7 Likes

Just read the comic, very strong reactions to it, both positive and negative. So, more on that later. Have never seen the movie, this will be a first watch WAL for me.

6 Likes

I’m the opposite. Watched the movie a long time ago, never read the comic!

6 Likes

Cool. I think, I have some issues in a box in the basement. A sold off boxes of comics years ago, but kept just a few, think V is in there.

6 Likes

That’s cool! I wish, that I’d bought a set back in the day. I’ve always kicked myself that I didn’t. I have the Absolute Edition, but I haven’t read it in awhile. I don’t like to read the Absolutes that often, to try and keep them nice. But since this is a special occasion, I might need pull it off the shelf. I’m looking forward to the WAL. I own the movie, but haven’t watched it in years.

5 Likes

Nearly done w/ a reread, and heres some interesting things I found…

And this… :coffee: they make a decent case.

5 Likes

I hope you enjoy it @Bar-El! Let us know whatcha think when you’re ready! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Ready. to. WAL. :smiley: :00_batgirl:

5 Likes

Ahh, we’ll be safer w/ our resident girl-bat here, for sure! :hugs::purple_heart:

Forgot to mention, y’all!! This’ll have another
CREW SCAVENGER HUNT!
:rose::boom:

6 Likes

Tell me more! :palms_up_together: :eyes: :mag_right: :smiley:

5 Likes

@discordia57 :face_with_hand_over_mouth::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Standing by and ready to WAL. :+1:

6 Likes

Guys- I feel like we all need this awesome amaze space in our homes for WALing purposes. Thoughts?

9 Likes

Whoopsidoodle- I read over the banner too quickly a few days back and didn’t realize we were gonna’ have a book discussion before watching the film. My bad.

6 Likes

Oh noooo! :pleading_face: We have Infinity Train in the lounge tonight. Hope you can still come play on the 7th, @DC89! :purple_heart: Come hang out if ya can tonight tho! :hugs:

5 Likes

Ummm… so are we watching this tonight or on June 7th?

Again- whoopsidoodle. And of course I will def be here.
:grinning: :hugs:

5 Likes

No worries, DC89. :purple_heart: so! Movie WAL/scavenger hunt on the 7th (but you can talk the book and movie in here until then). Infinity Train in the lounge tonight and next Monday 5/31.

6 Likes