Community Event Highlights: Week of 6/7 - Pride Month Continues!

Happy Monday!

Pride Month is very much underway and we have a huge amount of events for you take part in! :rainbow_flag:

Let’s take a look at what else is going on this week:

LIVE EVENTS

ALL WEEK

MONDAY, JUNE 7th

• Harley’s Crew / DC History Club WAL
    V for Vendetta
    2021-06-08T01:00:00Z

TUESDAY, JUNE 8th

SATURDAY, JUNE 12th

BOOK CLUB DISCUSSIONS

And if you’re looking for reading recommendations, join in on one of our Fan Club Discussions:

And there are always new, interesting threads popping up for you to participate and share your love for DC, so keep your hand on that dial!

Is there a hangout or event you’d like to participate in, but you’re not seeing it? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

7 Likes

On the calendar it says HoH is doing Constantine this week. We are actually going to be doing Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love and Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 3.

2 Likes

Updating right now!

2 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Friendly notice: The JLBC’s Ray spotlight will begin later today (6/7) with the WAL of Freedom Fighters: The Ray on the 12th. The calendar shows the reading side of things beginning on Friday, which isn’t accurate.

TY. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Vroom! We don’t keep space for the weekend events, but that may change in the future as those expand.

For Book Clubs, most launch on the same day, which means they get scattered throughout the week on the calendar as not to overload any single day with one long column of events, though we do try to note that it’s available “all week” in the fine print. We’ll make sure those events get updated in the hyperlinks below, as well!

3 Likes

Right. I just didn’t want folks to think something was happening on Friday in the JLBC when it wasn’t. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! We’ll update the listing later on today once the topic goes out. Same goes for the WAL on the 12th! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool beans. :+1:t2:

I’m pretty sure there is no office hours this week.

Also we did the Talking Cat last week there is no listen along this week.

@Alec.Holland

2 Likes

@Alec.Holland I don’t believe I see the “new to dcui book club” reading releasing Tuesday on the calendar and it is on the community calendar.

2 Likes

Loving the rainbow banner! :00_dc_pride:

2 Likes

@Alec.Holland Both of my events are live:

3 Likes

linear gradient with color ramp on calendar header looks good. Also like the circle & triangle pattern almost like a designer handbag pattern…:thinking:

2 Likes

@Don-El @Vroom I’ve brought these to Alec’s attention for tomorrow. Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s listed on the calendar above as a special edition Office Hours!

Fixed the Talking Cat WAL. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

The New to DCUI Book Club is mentioned in the list of reading topics at the bottom of the post, I didn’t forget about you!

2 Likes

Updated for you!

2 Likes

Many thanks @LastSon0fMars and @Alec.Holland. :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Why, there it is! Honest, there is no Office Hours this week, the thread is closed until later. There is a special watch along in the Iceberg Lounge instead. Maybe use that link?

1 Like