Pride Profile: Mother Panic

Pride_Profile_Mother Panic

:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Mother Panic. The only Young Animal imprint title to star an original character, Mother Panic was the brain child of Gerard Way and Tommy Lee Edwards, with Jody Houser brought in to helm the series. After a violent and unstable childhood, Violet Paige was sent to a ‘school’ that experimented on its students resulting in her gaining cybernetic parts and superhuman strength. Set in Gotham City, Violet eventually becomes the vigilante Mother Panic. Like playboy Bruce Wayne, she uses her public image as a young wealthy bi party girl as a cover, but there’s no Batman’s code against killing getting in her way.

Mother Panic

Mother Panic, A.D.

Milk Wars

4 Likes

Pride Month Club Discussions. Need a deeper look at other Pride characters? Check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

DC History Club: The Pride History of the DCU

World of Bats: Gotham Half a Life

House of Horror: The Low, Low Woods

Harley’s Crew: Harley and Ivy

Justice League Book Club: The Ray

2 Likes

Didn’t Shade, The Changing Girl technically star a new character?

1 Like

How bout “only ya to star an original character”

1 Like

And wouldn’t you know it, this is the same week we’re actually covering Mother Panic over at the World of Bats! It’s almost like we kinda planned this or something. :smiley:

I hadn’t really read anything of this book before researching it for Pride Month, but I’ve definitely come to enjoy Violet and her little side of Gotham. It would have been REAL easy for her to become derivitive, but I think they did enough to make her feel more unique.

2 Likes

So weird….

Also, yesterday I downloaded the first three issues

Eerie….

1 Like
1 Like

Spoilers, thru #2 Mother Panic series is interesting

1 Like