36 and Just Getting Into Comics

Greetings friends,

I’m 36 and started getting into comics back in 2020. Mainly to try something new, who wasn’t then. Found I LOVE the medium. I use to read only books, still do, but the art work adds so much, it’s taken over my TV watching for the most part.

Anyway, what are some of the best arcs I missed?!

I’ve read alot of Batman. The whole Bat family is where I’ve spent most of the last few years. I also found I love things that tie in other series. Like the court of owls got me reading a ton of characters I would of ignored. Help me catch up!

5 Likes

Heya @prquenette!

I would suggest joining a few clubs if you want to learn more about different characters. Characters of DC is a club that brought a lot of fun characters to my attention.

Some of my favorite characters are Hitman (Tommy Monaghan), Collapser (Liam James), and Sleeper (Holden Carver).

2 Likes

Sweet. Never heard of any of them but that’s no surprise lol

1 Like

I do run the obscurity of dc club lol

2 Likes

Joined didn’t know clubs were a thing

2 Likes

Oh I’ll send you a link for all of the clubs

1 Like

Here you go:

3 Likes

Yeah, our clubs are a great way to sample different stories. You don’t have to read everything that we post, but if you jump in on a couple of the club readings every month, you should get plenty of variety.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. We started at similar ages :slightly_smiling_face:. I was 31 when I started about 12 years ago.

Unless you have inhuman reading ability along with an inordinate amount of time, “catching” up with 85 years of DC comics is quite the monstrous task. I’ll give you a few of my (Superman heavy) favorites. Sorry, it’s late and I’m too sleepy to do links. Good luck and hope you enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:.

• Superman: Warworld Saga
  • Superman: For Tomorrow
  • All-Star Superman
  • Kingdom Come
  • Justice by Alex Ross and Jim Kreuger
  • Superman: For All Seasons
  • Superman Batman (2003-2011)
  • Superman: The Unity Saga by Brian Bendis and Ivan Reis
  • Superman: Doomed
  • Superman: Brainiac
  • Batman: Universe
  • Batman: Hush
  • The Dark Knight Returns
  • Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang (New 52).
  • Justice League by Geoff Johns (New 52).
  • Justice League by Grant Morrison
  • Trinity by Matt Wagner
  • Trinity (2016-2018)
  • Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
5 Likes

Welcome to the forum and the hobby!

There are a lot of people who could steer you much better for the best Batman arcs, although if you are interested in Wonder Woman I can help (although I would just probably say “All of them” :grin:).

Since you are a book reader, once you can access the Iceberg Lounge there is a book reader’s group. We also follow each other on Goodreads.

How to get into Iceberg Lounge:

Reading Lounge:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/reading-lounge/1519131?u=stevetrevor2.0

I will also echo the people above that the Clubs here are a great way to find some of the best material to read on DC.

4 Likes

Actually, you don’t have to join the club to participate in the reading. Plus, you can always read a previous selection. the club’s members won’t troll you when you comment.

5 Likes

Thank you all

5 Likes

brave and bold is a good comic to let you see more kinds of heroes

2 Likes