[Superman Fan Club]

Welcome to the Superman Fan Club!

The first Wednesday of every month we host the Adventures of Superman radio show Listen Along.

We also have a virtual Clubhouse (a group message) where we discuss “live” any Superman news or other discussions!

Click here to enlist!!! Superman fan club - DC Community
(and get an awesome Superman Flair!)

Our initial fun is digging into the Silver Age and Bronze Age wonder of Action Comics and Superman Comics, where so much of the “mythology” of the Superman world was built, along with listening the Superman 1940’s Radio show together!

By joining this exclusive Club, you will be able to get automatic notifications of club activities.

Who Should Join?

If you are someone who has been inspired by the 8 decades of comic book stories of Superman or his appearances on TV or animated series, then this is the club for you! We ask that the following qualifications be met, just to make sure you are able to participate in the Club to the best of your ability:

You are Clearance Level 1 (so that you have the ability to edit Wikis)

You are in good standing in the Community

You are a subscriber of DC Universe Infinite, or have access to the content we will be making examples of elsewhere.

Get a reminder when the new reading selection or monthly Listen Alongs are posted: Just add “superman-fan-club” as a tag to “Watching First Post” under Notifications / Tags in your profile Summary area.

For a “map” of where we are going during our slow-but-sure trek through the # digitized Superman series comics, check out our Google Sheet listing: Superman Comics on DC Universe Suggested Reading

Archive of our first year of Superman and Family Silver and Bronze Age readings / discussions:

Archive of our Watch Alongs and Listen Alongs featuring The Adventures of Superman Radio show of the 1940s and The Adventures of Superman TV show of the 1950s:

The performance of some early Adventures 9s Superman radio shows featured during the 2020 DC Fandome featuring some pretty things voices that inspired us to start up the Listen Alongs in January of 2021:

Adventures of Superman 1950s TV show reference sheet: we tracked what we watched here: Adventures of Superman Episode Listing.xlsx - Google Drive

If you’re a fan of any of the Superman series, TV shows, animated series etc between 1938 and 1985 of Superman, then this is the club for you. Feel free to reach out directly to me if you have any questions whatsoever!

UP UP AND AWAY!!!

8 Likes

Look out DC Universe World, here we come!

“Let my people grow!!!”

4 Likes

Note to self: have red cape pressed and ironed prior to Wednesday’s inaugural Superman Fan Club weekly reading / gathering.

3 Likes

I’m In Like Flint! :superman_hv_3:

Note to self: procure red towel to wear with one of your Superman shirts when participating in Adventures of Superman WALs.

2 Likes

It’s the new DIY World buddy.

Thanks for jumping on board, we’ll see you in the funny papers!!

3 Likes

Here’s the planned schedule of [Superman Fan Club] events over the next 30 days:

1. May 6th: Inaugural Reading
  2. May 20th: 2nd Reading
  3. June 3rd: Double Header: 1st WAL at 6 pm PT + 3rd Reading
4 Likes

I’m not sure about all the technical qualifications but I’ve been a dedicated Superman fan since the 70s and would like to get more involved.

3 Likes

I’ll do my best to vet you. I’m pretty sure you are just fine, welcome aboard!

2 Likes

I’m level 3 but I don’t know what the Example Topic Posting dictionary is

2 Likes

@clucktrent You know, come to think of it I don’t see anything to that exact title I’m just using the template that the mods gave us. I think they may be referring to this:

2 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

The second reading for May is posted; it’s a double header, literally!

2 Likes

The first reading for June for the [Superman Fan Club] has been posted, dig into the Silver and Bronze age fun and enjoy!

If you haven’t joined the club yet, consider doing so!

2 Likes

Here is the online guide for our monthly Adventures of Superman 1950s TV show watchalongs: Adventures of Superman Episode Listing.xlsx - Google Drive

2 Likes

Our regular monthly The Adventures of Superman 1950s TV show watch along is planned to be happening this Wednesday August 5th at 9 p.m. Eastern / 6 p.m. Pacific. We are watching two very special episodes that I’ll be announcing tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Latest reading: [Superman Fan Club] Weekly Reader #8 August Second Monthly Selection, Silver Age / Bronze Age Reading August 27th, 2020

2 Likes

Superman 50’s TV show two episode watchalong, one in black and white, the other in color, September 2nd:

2 Likes

[Superman Fan Club] This coming Saturday September 12th , a mere 6 days from now, during the DC Fandome event, The Creative Coalition Presents: Superman Radio Show - World Premiere will become available for 24 hours. We are running a Watchalong for The Creative Coalition Presents: Superman Radio Show - World Premiere at 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT/ 2 pm MT / 1 pm PT (MST too).

Using original scripts from the 1940s Superman Radio Series, Tim Daly and an all-star cast including Eric McCormack, Henry Winkler, Alfre Woodard, Jason Alexander, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Daly, CCH Pounder, Troian Bellisario, Wilson Cruz, Anthony Rapp, Lea DeLaria and many others provide new voices to these classic episodes. 70 min

Also this coming Saturday September 12th during the DC Fandome event, there will be the “Superman: An Enduring Symbol of Hope” panel. We plan to make a Watch a Long event of for 9 pm ET / 8 pm CT / 7 pm MT / 6 pm PT (MST).

For more than 80 years, Superman has remained an icon of truth, justice and hope. Some of the most celebrated Superman storytellers gather to talk about how the Man of Steel remains as relevant as ever, providing hope in the most difficult of times. 25 min

4 Likes

Lookie, the new reading for this month is out!!

[DC Universe] [Superman Fan Club] Weekly Reader #9 September 1st reading: SUPERMAN THE SUSPECT- DEATH OF LUTHOR!

2 Likes

And here’s the next reading that was posted yesterday as the second September reading

[DC Universe] [Superman Fan Club] 2020 Reading #10 Second Reading in September Red Sun / Red Kryptonite Week

2 Likes