Titans Together Reading Club

ToGether

Want to join? CLICK HERE

Welcome to the comic book reading club for all things TITANS! We will be exploring a member of the Titans team each month. This can be any team that has existed as a Titans team. Team Titans included! Each month, at the end of the month, members will vote betwewn 4 Titans members to be highlighted the next month. Then stories will be selected to read that focused on that character. This member will be explored for the entire month through the comic library. So look for new weekly posts on MONDAYS for the club here on the forums.

If you join up, feel free to answer these 3 questions:

1. Who is your favorite member ever of any Titans team?
  2. What is your favorite Titans team incarnation ever?
  3. Which character will you be most excited for when they show up as the character of the month?

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me, @CassTheStreet. I will gladly answer them without much hesitation. I look forward to exploring the Titans team membership with everyone!

6 Likes
  • Who is your favorite member ever of any Titans team?

My favorite is definitely Donna Troy. I like her convoluted history because it feels authentic for how some people’s lives are like. Sometimes we all need to redefine our lives and find ourselves. I feel these are at the core of Donna. Trying to discover who you are in a world that isn’t always supportive of that discovery.

• What is your favorite Titans team incarnation ever?

This may come as a shock to some people, but Team Titans is the title I have read the most issues ever of. I loved the story there, so this is my favorite. I am open to this changing as I read more though.

• Which character will you be most excited for when they show up as the character of the month?

There is a little known Teen Titans volume that didn’t last as long as other titles. In that volume is a character named Prsym. I know she is limited in appearances, but it will be fascinating to read more about her at some point.

2 Likes

What a cool idea, I’m honor to be your first member!:grinning:

1. I have to go with Robin, he makes a great leader when he’s not a sidekick.
  2. Probably the animated 2003 Teen Titans, that got me interested, before that I never heard of Teen Titans.
  3. Probably Starfire, I really like that she’s a kind and caring person. And Donna Troy as well.
2 Likes

Aw what the heck, what’s one more club? Sounds fun, I’m in. :smiley:

1. Who is your favorite member ever of any Titans team?

That’s a hard one…that’s a REALLY hard one. Dick as Robin/Nightwing is great, as is Cyborg, Starfire and Raven.

1. What is your favorite Titans team incarnation ever?

For me, when I think of the Titans, my first thought is of the '03 Geoff Johns series, the mix of classic NTT characters teaching and guiding the next generation.

1. Which character will you be most excited for when they show up as the character of the month?

I’m not sure, to be honest, I’ll just have to see where it goes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I had considered making this club myself once I reached the end of Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 2, so I’m glad someone went ahead and made it already. Less work for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m in!!!

Ah, It’s always hard for me to choose favorites for anything, but I guess I’ll say… Dick

Another hard one… but probably the lineup from John’s run

Hmmm, good question… I’ll go with… raven actually, there’s quite a few good options with her.

2 Likes

I’ve only read a couple issues of Geoff Johns run. I’ve heard great things about it. It sounds like having both generations made you love it, but what else made you fall in love with that particular volume?

1 Like

Hey :wave: if you ever want to help out with the club, feel free to reach out. I will always gladly accept a co-host or even a guest host from time to time.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree about Raven having a lot of great choices! I know she has had several key stories in main Titans titles and several minis as well. I imagine she would be fun to explore for a month.

1 Like

It’s super super great… possibly my favorite run with the team… How’d you like the issues you’ve read so far?

1 Like

I read them many moons ago, but I remember liking them a lot. I remember thinking they were fun and entertaining which are my main comic requirements. Good artwork doesn’t hurt either.

1 Like

Must…resist…urge…to…join…but may join in on fun once in a while.

This site is like a box of chocolates don’t you know?

3 Likes

If it isn’t obvious: Nightwing (Dick Grayson).

I’m gonna have to say Rebirth Titans only because I absolutely love Abnett’s writing. 80s Wolfman and Perez is great too but the 80s style of writing throws me off - whole ass paragraphs of how painful something is when I should be seeing it in the art. Still feel the series needed Starfire, Raven, and Beat Boy; and would’ve loved to have seen Kaldur replace Garth (never liked him) and Artemis instead of Roy Harper but otherwise it was a solid run before editorial ruined it by having the Justice League break them up. Hell, I would even love to see DC combined Raven and Lilith’s characters, they’re just so similar but yet are used so differently.

This is a hard one. But I’m gonna have to go with Bumblebee. I always thought she was a great character since the Teen Titans show and wished there was more of her in Titans comics.

2 Likes

I have always thought this will be an interesting idea for a theatrical sequel to Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans. Plot: The goofy, silly team of Teen Titans Go! joins their serious, moody counterparts once again, after their special cooperation against each of their worlds’ Trigons. But this time, like their next adventure, they’ll do whatever it takes to save all of their worlds against the forces of their worlds’ Slade, Terra, and Blackfire from the destroying all of the Titans of Infinite Earths, including the 2003 and 2013 teams. So it’s up to Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy and their moody, serious counterparts/friends to stop those menaces and save both their worlds and the rest of the Titan Multiverse, again. Teen Titans Go!/Teen Titans: Titans Together and Forever. Coming soon.

3 Likes

There are currently several events occurring. The club is still watching TEEN TITANS (2003). We are into the second season now, which TERRA will be introduced during the next WAL it appears. You can join into that WAL on November 17 at 6 pm PST or 9 pm EST depending on your timezone. It can be found HERE.

The club’s reading part has also started officially as well. The first Titan member selected was the original Wonder Girl (Donna Troy). This week the club is reading various stories that highlight the character’s editorial origins. This club reading can be found HERE. You can feel free to join into the discussion at any time. Tomorrow the next batch of readings for the character will go up.

2 Likes

Nightwing or Starfire or Raven
Wolfman/Perez 80s series
Any of the characters I have listed above.

2 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ, I think the Wolfman/Perez series is a lot of people’s favorite incarnation. I always feel like the odd duckling with my Team Titans love.

2 Likes

I will be honest, I haven’t read much of anything past that run in the Teen Titans world. I have been reading Burning Rage which is excellent and I am planning on reading a lot more Titans in the near future. Hopefully, using this club as a road map to explore the world of Titans.

1 Like

We will be doing more reading in the coming weeks, I had been ill unfortunately and now I am getting back to the club. Is there any particular story or run that you know you are really wanting to read badly? I can try to work it into the mix quickly.

2 Likes

Outside of the 80s stuff, I really have no idea what kind of stories or creative teams I could even point to. I did pick up Teen Titans Earth One the other day but that isn’t on here. Maybe Year One could be fun, I think I have that on my bookshelf as well.

2 Likes