Would You Rather: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Welcome to Would You Rather!

Welcome to Would You Rather, DC Edition! I’ll be presenting you with some tough choices and want to know why you’ve chosen them. Don’t be afraid to get chatty! :wink:

Would You Rather…

• Team up with Sinestro to save Earth, but everyone eventually treats you as a villain
  • Team up with Batman to save the Justice League, but every trace of you that has ever existed in the universe is gone and no one who knew you previously remembers you (you’re still alive)

0 voters

Have any Would You Rather ideas you’d like to see? Be sure to share them, along with why you think they should be featured, in the comments! I’ll be sure to @ the people who mention the idea when/if that version of Would You Rather is posted!

13 Likes

This is a painful choice, but I’d rather be unremembered than hated by my loved ones.

13 Likes

I am Batman. There will always be traces of my existence.

11 Likes

Same. Fresh start, if we’re being optimistic? :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

ima do the spiderman here and be forgoten

10 Likes

Well if every trace of you includes all of your legal documents it’ll be pretty hard to have a place to stay. Not to mention you might have just lost your bank account and job. If you’re in Gotham you might be able to find someone who can forge some documents for you, but that’ll cost money. Might have to live in one of the many abandoned buildings in Gotham and try to find a job that doesn’t need any form of identification besides the name you give them.

14 Likes

Okay, I would obviously hate teaming up with Sinestro, but if every trace of my existence is wiped out I wouldn’t have a place to live (I’d lose my house) and no way to make money (my books would be wiped out, which means no royalties)!

9 Likes

I’d rather be hated than forgotten. People don’t need to like me, but I think some people would still respect me. Besides, I didn’t break any laws; I won’t go to jail. I’d still be able to drive, fly, talk on here.

Plus, anyone can be anonymous online. Everyone might think I’m a villain, but nobody online will be able to identify that if I’m careful and stay anonymous. I think I’d rather have be able to come on the community daily than have no way of coming on here.

8 Likes

Wait! Does this mean we can reshape our own identity? Because if so, I’m switching my answer! I’d manage to get a new id, new job, better pay, new laptop, still come on here! I like this better if that’s the case!

7 Likes

Very tough decision, but personally I don’t think I could take being entirely forgotten. I think I’d rather be treated like a villain.

8 Likes

I’ll have to take being treated as a villain - at least then, there’d still be a chance that I can “redeem” myself in the eyes of others.

10 Likes

Easy.

My children are an extension of me, so every trace of me disappearing would naturally include them. If it doesn’t include them, then what, they would exist without a father? ■■■■ the Justice League. I would choose to save the world they live in. They can think of me as a villain, but I’ll still be there for them.

8 Likes

“Don’t forget the hyphen between ‘Spider’ and ‘Man’!” - Peter Parker (Earth-1048)

8 Likes

It worked for Amy Pond. :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

I can vouch for this. Ah I mean uh… sure. That sounds plausible.

Sonestro will likely kill me so… Batman. I don’t care if anyone knows me. I do care if they think I’m evil.

8 Likes

Saving the planet seems worth being frowned at… Also, it says viewed as a villain, not that I have to actually be one with a twirly moustache.

10 Likes

I didn’t consider twirly mustaches as a possible side effect. Can I change my answer?

8 Likes

Amy who?

7 Likes

If being hated saves the ones I care about then I’d do it 1000 times over worth the sacrifice.

7 Likes

Well, that’s either a joke I don’t get, in which case I’m sure it was quite good, or a genuine question, in which case I’ll say it’s a Doctor Who character whose parents were erased from the timeline, but who still existed because, as the Doctor put it, “People fall out of the world sometimes, but they always leave traces. Little things we can’t quite account for. Faces in photographs, luggage, half-eaten meals, rings.” Amy’s own powers might also have contributed to her continued existence.

6 Likes