Would You Rather: Nature or Technology

Welcome to Would You Rather!

Welcome to Would You Rather, DC Edition! I’ll be presenting you with some tough choices and want to know why you’ve chosen them. Don’t be afraid to get chatty! :wink:

Would You Rather…

• Embrace Cyborg’s technological enhancements, gaining incredible power and efficiency, but walk a tightrope between man and machine, constantly battling the fear of becoming just another tool in a technological world.
  • Have power over nature like Swamp Thing, protecting the environment but remain deeply connected to the natural world, experiencing its pain and vulnerability firsthand, which can be emotionally taxing and limit your ability to relate to human concerns.
0 voters

Have any Would You Rather ideas you’d like to see? Be sure to share them, along with why you think they should be featured, in the comments! I’ll be sure to @ the people who mention the idea when/if that version of Would You Rather is posted!

Like what you see? Be sure to check out the other entries in my Would You Rather Series!

Would You Rather Series

Would You Rather: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Would You Rather: Too Fast or Too Dark

Would You Rather: Power and Wealth

Would You Rather: Craziness and Bloodlust

Would You Rather: Magic and Sparks

Would You Rather: Now or Later

Would You Rather: Through the Valley of Fear or Down the Rabbit Hole of Madness?

Would You Rather: 50 Years

Would You Rather: Intern Fiasco!

Would You Rather: Power Fantasy

12 Likes

Nature all the way.

10 Likes

Swamp Thing easily. I don’t want to be connected to technology that’s so scary. It has always been my dream to decompose in a swamp and become one with the moss and I think I could do that if I were Swamp Thing probably so hell yeah see you later guys I have toads and weeds to befriend.

10 Likes

I have been a huge Swamp Thing fan since childhood and I grew up on a farm with 14 acres of woodland and a creek running through it. It was an easy choice for me then. Nature all the way!

8 Likes

Swamp Thing for sure for me. I already have a very deep respect for nature, I’d love to learn more!

7 Likes

I have to pick having nature’s abilities. Like all technology, you can be overridden one way or another, regardless of how insane the amount of firewalls you make.

Nature has been dying at a rate too quickly for my taste, so I’d rebuild it in a heartbeat.

10 Likes

I read all the Cyborg books and while it ain’t easy. I think the technological abilities of being a Cyborg would be amazing.

5 Likes

Definitely Swamp Thing. Always love nature and maybe could help the world and environment while I’m at it.

5 Likes

already happening thanks to ai

6 Likes

Imagine you’ve been taken control over and now you’re being forced to be serving as the ai chatbot lol :grimacing:

7 Likes

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I went with nature. Technology could be soulless. Nature has an energy to it.

6 Likes

Nature definitely. It has so much life to it. It might be overwhelming, but I think I could find a piece of it that made sense to me. I’m not sure I could do that with tech. That would just overwhelm me completely.

5 Likes

Considering that a whole lotta writers and actors just went on strike against AI and wages for the future of writers like me, I gotta go with nature. Besides, nature inspires me creatively just like it did the Romantic writers way back when, technology just makes me wanna die.

8 Likes

I can’t tell if that’s a joke or not, but I wouldn’t say that. No one wants you to die

6 Likes

Those that are familiar with me, know I’d be the fastest to supervillain of anybody. Technology makes that easier.

6 Likes

Glad to have another tech bro. :+1:

6 Likes

I for one can’t wait to upload my consciousness to an immortal robot.

6 Likes

My bad, there was actually a typo in that post. I said “technically” but I meant to say “technology”, meaning that when I spend too much time online I get sent into low episodes where I feel like garbage mentally.

Also the fact that technology is rapidly growing in areas it shouldn’t be growing is overwhelming and it freaks me out. I literally have a phobia of login screens after experiencing my computer and email accounts being hacked, and since everything that used to require paperwork decades ago is now online and requires a login… it always makes me panic, like am I unable to access something very important and vital as a human being in today’s time all because my username and password is no longer correct? I hate that I am this way but I take comfort in the fact that I’m not the only person who isn’t tech savvy, that makes me feel less alone.

5 Likes

Nature, because ZIP bombs exist and I don’t wanna be one shady link away from having 3 petabytes of hentai blasted into my head and quite literally frying my brain.

7 Likes