Would You Rather: Now or Later

Welcome to Would You Rather!

Welcome to Would You Rather, DC Edition! I’ll be presenting you with some tough choices and want to know why you’ve chosen them. Don’t be afraid to get chatty! :wink:

Would You Rather…

• Emerge from a chrysalis after 1000 years with Superman’s powers AND Batman’s genius
  • Gain immortality like Ra’s al Ghul, starting today
0 voters

Have any Would You Rather ideas you’d like to see? Be sure to share them, along with why you think they should be featured, in the comments! I’ll be sure to @ the people who mention the idea when/if that version of Would You Rather is posted!

Like what you see? Be sure to check out the other entries in my Would You Rather Series!

Would You Rather Series

Would You Rather: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Would You Rather: Too Fast or Too Dark

Would You Rather: Power and Wealth

Would You Rather: Craziness and Bloodlust

Would You Rather: Magic and Sparks

10 Likes

I cannot leave Gotham for 1000 years. She needs me now.

10 Likes

We appreciate you staying. Gotham would not be the same without you.

9 Likes

I’m terrified of government intervention and it wouldn’t take long to for someone to question, What’s going on here? Let me wait 1k years and let me be Zod

10 Likes

While immortality sounds awful (that’s a whole different conversation) I’d take the ‘now’ option. I have no idea what the world will be in 1000 years. To wake up in an unfamiliar world with powers I don’t understand, and in a world that might not need them. That isn’t worth it to me. At least, with immortality I can learn as I go.

10 Likes

Well said. Also if we’re talking about Ra’s here–it’s well within his power to end his own life. I’m always dubious on what words like “god” and “immortal” mean in the first place. Isn’t Superman (and by extension having his powers) also sort of immortal? I recall several continuities like Red Son where this is the case.

8 Likes

I mean… I guess now seems like a good time if any since then I’d be immortal and then have all the time in the world. Plus, I can’t be cramped into a confined space for too long. I hate being in stores that are very crowded, I don’t think I can handle a cocoon for more than one minute.

8 Likes

That’s a tough one. Both those options end up with me in the future and I still see the decline in humanity lol.

I guess immortality. I gives me more time to get things and goals done. Although it’s gonna suck being the only one alive while all my loved ones are gone. I hate this question :rofl:

7 Likes

You’re gonna love the rest of the holiday season then. Good thing there’s online :laughing:

7 Likes

Immortality doesn’t stop you from aging, injury, or illness. To have dementia, missing a limb at 854 years old is a gift I don’t want

7 Likes

I would take the immortality option, as undesirable as that sounds. I think the Guardians would notice if a Green Lantern was missing for 1000 years. :00_lc_green_lantern:

6 Likes

I’ve always said that if there’s one power I don’t want, it’s immortality. The thought of never dying is horrifying to me.

7 Likes

Immortal
Will definitely help me stress less with time management when I have all the time and the future.

In the end fir fun I could just be an old wise person living in some secluded location giving wisdom advice and trinkets from the the past to people who pass by :laughing::sweat_smile:.

6 Likes

(Happy DCUI anniversary @Cradle2theGabe! :partying_face: Thanks for being a wonderful member of the community! :0_cyborg:)

I’d have to go with emerging from a chrysalis after 1000 years. Immortality gives me the ick and I’ve always wanted the ability to fly. If the Earth is gone… well, I’ve got the ability to find another planet (hopefully). :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Luckily for me I get the privilege of being behind the counter, so if anyone reaches across to try to get near me I will bite and sue.

Which by the way, I hate to even say this, but nothing makes a sales associate panic more then people (grown men) who try to reach across the counter or stand right next to the little swivel door on the side of the counter. That is sociopathic behavior.

7 Likes

Happy anniversary!

6 Likes

Thank you kindly!

6 Likes

Happy DCU-nniversary :partying_face:

7 Likes

Ra’s doesn’t age and can heal, normally, an easy pick. Lazarus makes you crazy. Nope, I’m good, crazy is the one thing I won’t have in my life.

Not thrilled with 1000 year jump but that’s a pretty big payday.

7 Likes

I don’t have the patience to wait 1000 years for something. Plus immortality is a good power to have.

2 Likes