The Poison Ivy Thread 💚🖤💚🖤

Considering Ivy already gets mentioned a lot in other discussions and threads, I realize this runs the risk of slipping into obscurity. But I think the love we all have for this character will still make it a lively thread.

Poison Ivy started off as a clear cut villain decades ago, based and inspired by the femme fatale character type. However, as the world has evolved and become truly aware of how we affect the planet, Ivy is now seen and written as a more nuanced and even sympathetic character. Call her a villain, an ecoterrorist, Mother Nature’s Messiah, a revolutionary…they all apply in their own way. Consider this a place to discuss and celebrate Poison Ivy - one of DC’s most layered characters with one of the best examples of character growth.

I should mention that if you want to discuss the current Poison Ivy book, check out this discussion thread first, created by the awesome @Razzzcat - after you do that though, feel free to still bring your thoughts here

18 Likes

In more than one way.

For those that don’t get it: PLANTS!!!

11 Likes

Thanks for the shout out, EDT! :poisonivy_hqas: :frank_grinhqtas: :green_heart: :harleys_crew: :0_poison_ivy_bombshells: :0_poison_ivy_tas:

:rose: Might as well drop these spotlights and other points of interest while I’m here:

I also brought a thing…(because I was looking at some Dan Mora earlier today) :star_struck:

And another…

And another! :ivy_kiss: :00_harlivy:

13 Likes

I’m here for this topic! Poison Ivy has always been a favorite of mine in the DC universe. She has a lot more depth as a character now than I feel she was given at her arrival, which delights my eyes. Whether a villain or eco-terrorist, imagine being able to talk to this organic spaceship we travel the universe on, then imagine being able to feel it’s pain. I would kill a few hundred oil and gas men myself, most likely. The fact that I often understand her motives, makes her relatable to me personally

8 Likes

I think it would be very interesting if a Batman movie made her the antagonist. There is a lot that can be explored in that set-up

6 Likes

Ivy being hot is an extra bonus

9 Likes

Oh yea, one of the hottest characters in all of fiction

7 Likes

What did you think of Uma Thurman’s portrayal?

7 Likes

Well…to quote @DC89 whenever Alicia Silverstone’s Batgirl gets brought up - I don’t know her!

8 Likes

Hahaha ya. Twas brutal.

8 Likes

To be fair, I blame the writing and directing, not her specifically

8 Likes

Ps. (For the millionth time - No, I’m not letting it go. :stuck_out_tongue: Ever.):

:rose: We want Isley!!!

IMG_7712

13 Likes

Stop! My heart can only handle so much! :two_hearts::sob:

7 Likes

:sob: I want that book so bad. I really do. Maybe we also beg for the Swampy/Ivy story we want, while we’re here?

Let me drop this variant too, while I’m here… :00_harlivy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: awwww.

12 Likes

Their cuddly romantic covers are some of the most wholesome things in existence. Next to kittins and hedghogs.

:purple_heart:

9 Likes

Who’s the angry lady with the viney hole in her face?

6 Likes

Jk, y’all. I’m back to share thisss. :rose:

Now I need to go find a charger :electric_plug: :low_battery: Razz has critically low battery :eyes:. Bye.

12 Likes

She is a terrible monster, and I am right now heading her way to put her back in Arkham.

6 Likes

*Quickly thinking * She’s currently… in Gotham Park on parole. She’s showing kids how to plant flowers. Harley has lemonade.

6 Likes

Ivy hates children. Obviously a trap.

7 Likes