Poison Ivy (2022) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

:rose: Pamela Isley has been a lot of things in her life. A living god, a super-villain, an activist, a scientist, and dead. In a new body that she didn’t ask for and with a renewed sense of purpose, Ivy leaves Gotham and sets out to complete her greatest work—a gift to the world that will heal the damage dealt to it…

:dc: In the library: Poison Ivy (2022)

:rose: If you plan to check it out and wish to discuss, drop your thoughts below!

:00_dc_pride: Poison Ivy 1 (2022) Previews

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

23 Likes

:rose: Here’s some books in the library while we wait. We can discuss these too:

A Walk in the Park (Det Comics 751 -752)

Everyone Loves Ivy (Batman 41-43)

Poison Ivy: Thorns

Secret Files: The Gardener 1

:dc: DCUI Poison Ivy Collection

World of Bats :00_batman_1986: is reading Cycle of Life & Death this month.

:face_with_monocle: You can also stop by here, to answer this burning question #ForScience:

Also: There’s some pretty great variant art too! :star_struck: :green_heart: The one :point_up_2: up top is Kunkka.

Nick Robles :heart_eyes:

Frany (1:25)

Dan Mora, Variant D :heart_eyes:

David Nakayama

…and, of course, :notes: some mood music. :poisonivy_hqas: Plz enjoy. :green_heart:

15 Likes

Ps. Am I excited for this? Why yes I AM! :raised_hands::green_heart:

12 Likes

Its almost here! :partying_face:

Poison Ivy #1 is my third most-anticipated new release for June 7th, and I simply cannot wait to let Ivy wrap her vines around my imagination, once more.

In the meantime, I should probably read the last two issues of Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death, as they’ve only been in my To Read list for the last 6 years.

8 Likes

I enjoyed it (big surprise, I know :laughing:), so I hope you do to! I believe a certain Bat-club will be reading that in June, actually. (pssst. Is that accurate still, @Jay_Kay? :eyes: :rose: I’m going to link it, if so…this is going live today, btw)

While I’m here, I just remembered this beautiful artwork by @KeyFamily:

And these:

Jenny Frison

Josh Burns

13 Likes

You…enjoyed a Poison Ivy book? The hell you say! :wink:

I read COL&D #'s 1-4 as they came out, and then Rebirth happened. Once it debuted, to my pull list I said “Goodbye, everything that isn’t a Rebirth title!” (which included COL&D), as I was only reading Rebirth books from that point forward.

I really enjoyed what I did read of the series. At this point, I’m just going to do a re-read of what I have read, along with #s 5 and 6, because as strong as my memory is, I remember precisely zilch about what happened in the majority of the title.

You know…I might just follow-up COL&D with Harleen. That way, I can finally finish two Pam and Harl books that I’ve stalled on for some time. It’ll be a Pam and Harl reading sammich! :yum:

5 Likes

That is still the plan, though I think I’m going to do it on the 4th of June, so it’s in the same week as Ivy #1.

I think the variant cover I loved the most out of this was Frank Cho’s:

8 Likes

This is my Poison Ivy #1 variant cover jam:

June 7th sees the release of a number of notable books, so I’m already planning to hit ye comic shoppe nice and early, especially to get the above variant.

9 Likes

@Hiraeth!!! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

7 Likes

@NCharles39!! :hugs: Been a min. Hope you’ve been well! :green_heart: And welcome!

@Jay_Kay :saluting_face: Copy that, Cap. I’m on it! :frank_grinhqtas: I’ll just be waiting over here with my favorite mug.

12 Likes

:batman_stoichqtas: Aw, thank you so much for the shoutout @Razzzcat! I really appreciate that! I just finished my first original comic page yesterday. I’ve been busy in the studio but nothing DC-related. Hopefully soon I’ll have something to share!

12 Likes

@Razzzcat Note: Ivy’s journey actually start in the backup of Batman 124.

Oh, I am excited for this as some of the promotional art and the interview reminds me of one of my favorite Disturbing dark Anime OVA’s Genocyber. (a true Lovecraftian-level horror anime, not something for the faint of heart it is really disturbing).
i am hoping Ivy becomes the next Avatar of the Green in this…she will defiantly be the sexiest looking swamp thing ever. yes, that is a misogynistic way to put it but its true.

8 Likes

Is it June 7th yet? Its not? We still have a week to go until PI (I love pie) #1? Damn! :sob:

My top three books for that week are (and in order of excitement/interest):

• Dark Crisis #1
  • Poison Ivy #1
  • DC Pride 2022

Honorable mentions: Dark Knights of Steel #7 and Multiversity: Teen Justice #1

As I count down the seconds to Poison Ivy #1’s release, I’m going to put together a playlist to read by. It’s going to be good. :sunglasses: :poisonivy_hqas:

Also: I’m reading Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy and Harleen to slake my Ivy jones until PI #1 drops.

7 Likes

Welcome @Nobody.bladesmith! :hugs:
Correct, but alas :weary: it’s not in the DCU library yet. A certain humble little club I have (as well as our friends at World of Bats) :100: on purpose, lol, has been and will be covering what we do have available. Partly HERE: (the rest of our :00_dc_pride: shenanigans, coming S​:eyes:N)

8 Likes

I mean…YES! Is it next week yet?! :rose::green_heart: Anybody have a time machine handy??

Me:

9 Likes

ya, unfortunately, its not…then again I keep up with batman so I already have both preordered. :grinning:

or a connection to the speedforce would work.

5 Likes

Great Rao and Great Hera, I hope so!

I want either the time machine from The Time Machine (the 1960 flick by George Pal, and the best adaptation of the book, FYI) or…the DeLorean from, well, we all know what the DeLorean is from.

I mean, “Great Scott!”, we should. :smirk: :wink:

If I had a time machine, I’d go into the future for:

• Reasons
  • To pick up singles, trades (hardcovers, softcovers, deluxe editions, digests), Absolute Editions and omnibuses of Marshmallow Pete
  • To nab 6/7 books early

Then, I’d go back in time and shop 'til I drop through the '80s, aka one of the greatest eras of all time for comics and action figures (I’d build a fort out of sealed cases of Kenner Super Powers figures. Oh yes, I would. :nerd_face:).

If only time machines existed…

SN: For more about time travel, check out the movie Primer.

4 Likes

Droppin’ a few tunes I think Pam would move to the groove to (as we all should TBH, while we read her new book :man_dancing: :dancer:):

I’m obsessed with this tune :point_down:t2:, as I’ve listened to it at least 30 times in the last 24 hours.

Also, a :fire: little gift for Pam:

4 Likes

Are we there yet?! :green_heart: :rose:

6 Likes

Oh! I will try to grab a copy of this tomorrow…

5 Likes