The Poison Ivy Thread πŸ’šπŸ–€πŸ’šπŸ–€

I have to say this, I hate it when she is portrayed as a vegetarian. She kills people for stepping on plants and killing flowers, yet she eats nothing but them. She should not only be a carnivore but a humanitarian.

7 Likes

I think some modern writing has already established she is for sure NOT a vegan or vegetarian. So that criticism is dealt with. In fact, I would say the current Poison Ivy ongoing makes her the most fleshed out and logical version of herseof yet

8 Likes

You mean a cannibal?

Check Insta.

6 Likes

Isn’t that what a humanitarian means. In Gotham only vile villains like that guy made Mr. Freeze get Humanitarian awards, so it must be evil to be a humanitarian.

6 Likes

No. Just no.

It means you care about humanity and you’ve gone to huge (NON-VIGILANTE) lengths to help people.

Cannibal means you eat people.

5 Likes

FErris Boyle won the humanitarian award so you must be mistaken.

5 Likes

So did the Human Trafficker lady from Blacklist season 1. If you hide your sins well enough…

5 Likes

BTW - I give Ivy full credit for creating my love for redhead at an early age :cupid:

11 Likes

One of my favorite moments from Batman: Fear State as well as just one of my favorite Harley/Ivy moments

9 Likes

Me too!!
Screenshot 2023-08-05 234931

8 Likes

For sure makes up for the forehead kiss from the Harley & Ivy 6-issue limited series

7 Likes

I just want ti say that GCS was a great series that provided essential develooment for all 3 characters, especially Ivy. While it’s hard to call any of them β€œheroic”, this is where we see Ivy starting to become more restrained and even care for the other 2 women, even if it is just a little. Very dissapointed we never got another GCS book.

Also, this is the very first time DC themselves have confronted the idea that Harley and Ivy are in love. Granted, Harley is the one that introduces it to Ivy as a psychological attack to throw Ivy off and escape (long story, read GCS!) But this is where it all started - Ivy’s romantic relationship as well as her being less of a villain

harley-gotham-city-sirens-219041

7 Likes

harley-gotham-city-sirens-219041
My heart when this happened.
4f8035a37b017fff67960e466d004094

6 Likes

The start is admittedly less than ideal. But it did lead to where they are now

6 Likes

@Hiraeth :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

For sure! But man that hurt my heart back then.

5 Likes

I thought this comic did a good job with Ivy. What are your thoughts?

7 Likes

I enjoy when she randomly shows up in stuff I read, but I haven’t read a lot of specifically Ivy or HarlIvy stuff yet. Anyone have some recommendations for where to start?

What are the best Ivy stories out there?

7 Likes

House and Garden from Myself TAS.

4 Likes

This is great:

5 Likes