Pride Profile: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy

Pride_Profile_Harley Quinn_Poison Ivy

:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Harley and Ivy. These two characters were not created with each other in mind, but it seems that way to their passionate fan base. Pamela Lillian Isley first appears in Batman #181 in 1966 to challenge three other women over the title of number one female criminal in Gotham. Robin immediately worries Batman might be falling for femme fatale. Harleen Quinzel joins the DC animated universe as the Clown Prince of Crime’s henchman in Batman: The Animated Series episode ‘Jokers Favor’ in 1992.

Harley and Ivey first cross paths in a BTAS episode appropriately named “Harley and Ivy” in which Pamela borrows a line from Casablanca telling Harley “This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” Whatever the magic was that they sparked together, fans, creators, and the animated Batgirl noticed it immediately, though it takes time to bring it to its logical conclusion. In Gotham City Sirens, starring the duo with Catwoman, Harley breaks through talk of friendship and asks Pamela if she loves her. Finally, years after we all knew the truth Palmiotti and Conner’s Harley Quinn series made it a full, undisguised part of both of their lives. Their story, and the story of creators fully understanding these modern characters, took another step forward in the animated Harley Quinn where we find Ivy dealing with her confusing feelings toward her friend and coming to understand her own sexuality.

Finally, for those who want to see these to love birds tie the knot, check out DC Bombshells and Injustice: Year Zero series.

Ivy and Harley in their initial animated meeting.

Our girls living animated today.

27 Likes

Pride Month Club Discussions. Need a deeper look at other Pride characters? Check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

DC History Club: The Pride History of the DCU

World of Bats: Gotham Half a Life

House of Horror: The Low, Low Woods

Harley’s Crew: Harley and Ivy

Justice League Book Club: The Ray

14 Likes

You love Harley? There’s a Crew for that. You can also click on the Harley’s Crew tag above and see what they’ve been up to.

7 Likes

Harley’s Crew Pride Spotlight: Harley and Ivy

6 Likes

15 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the context of the touching hands. Are they good friends?

6 Likes

lol, Romantic sunsets and hand-holding is far too vague for some—you’re right! :green_heart: #TrueLovesKiss

11 Likes

ah, context. Then again I shall never diminish holding hands even in jest. Hand holding is the best.

6 Likes

Others might. Best to clarify. :wink: And yes, holding hands is awesome—FACT!

8 Likes

They’re just like sisters!

5 Likes

Hand holding!??! Next thing you know there’ll be head pats!

Lewd!

6 Likes

Avert your eyes!

Don’t worry, I’ll watch them for you.

6 Likes

lol, any adult human, male or female, who thinks that clearly doesn’t have siblings… :eyes: we don’t do this. Right, @Hiraeth?

10 Likes

On a slightly different track. Nice way to show intimacy without being graphic.

6 Likes

@Razzzcat , if I had a nickel for every time I had a pinky toe stuck in my hair… i’d be rich. :rofl:

6 Likes

ohhhkay, then

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I couln’t resist. hahaha

5 Likes

Right! If I tried this with my sister, she would probably sling me into a wall (as a wtf-reflex). :laughing: And she’s my best friend! We even shared the womb! But regardless, I just can’t see this as a platonic sort of thing… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Just gals being pals

7 Likes