DC Super Hero Girls: Powerless | Book Discussion

Birdwatchers unite! :muscle: Over the last year or two we held numerous super fun WALs watching the new DCSHG series with Harley’s Crew peeps, and now it’s time to dive into the pages for some more DCSHG goodness, to coincide with our resurrected WAL of the Mayhem in the Multiverse movie! :purple_heart:

:dc: Available in our library with DCUI Ultra:

:books: This activity will be running all month long!

:boom: Reading begins: Right now!

:boom: Discussion begins: Whenever you’re ready! You know the drill: Have you read it before? Did you enjoy it? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything about the the reading you’d like to discuss—Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart:See ya soon!

You can join or learn more about :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: Birds of Prey HERE or :wondersquadron2: The Wonder Squadron HERE.

10 Likes

:popcorn: :tv: You can also join us for a Watch-Along (or save the links to watch later!)

Also… :memo::sunglasses:

Here’s ALL of our DC Super Hero Girls WALs, while we’re on the subject…

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E1-4) MONDAY 1/25 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E5-8) MONDAY 2/1 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E9-13) MONDAY 2/8 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E14-18) MONDAY 2/15 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E19-23) MONDAY 3/1 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E24-27) MONDAY 3/8 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E28-31) MONDAY 3/15 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E32-35) MONDAY 3/22 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E36-39) MONDAY 4/5 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E40-44) MONDAY 4/12 @ 7pm PT/10pm ET

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E45-48) MONDAY 4/19 @ 7pm PT/10pm ET

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: (E49-52) MONDAY 5/3 @ 7pm PT/10pm ET

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: Super Shorts: Night #1 MONDAY 5/10 @ 7pm PT/10pm ET

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS :boom: Super Shorts: Night #2 MONDAY 5/17 @ 7pm PT/10pm ET

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! Lego DC Super Hero Girls: BRAIN DRAIN + SUPER-VILLAIN HIGH :boom: MONDAYS: 9/20 & 9/27 @ 10 PM ET/7 PM PT

Harley’s Crew :tv: Watch-Along! Lego DC Super Hero Girls :boom: Shorts + Special: MONDAY 11/15 @ 7pm PT/10pm ET

6 Likes

I didn’t realize this was on DCUI. I just bought it at the comic shop thinking there was no other way I would be able to read it! :laughing:

I enjoyed the book, although I have to admit that there is no way to transmit the energy of the show into book form. I was able to read it in the character’s voices, at least.

I feel that Babs would have been able to do more than she did in the book, even if she didn’t have her gadgets, but it was necessary to drive the story. And at least it had a nice ending.

4 Likes

Hi! Do i need to watch the show to read this, i haven’t seen that much of it yet

5 Likes

Not really. I think the comic brings out their personalities enough that even if you weren’t familiar with the show it would still be a fun read.

5 Likes

Ok, thanks!

5 Likes