Pride Profile: Madame Xanadu & HBOMAX news

Pride_Profile_Madame Xanadu

:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Madame Xanadu. Everyone’s favorite fortune-teller does far more than read Tarot cards or crystal balls as her many fans will let you know. Introduced in 1978’s Doorway to Nightmare #1 by David Mechelinie, Val Mayerik and Mike Kaluta, Xanadu has origins lost in the mists of time and different writers. What has remained consistent is her ties to Camelot and King Arthur and her life as an immortal sorceress wandering the world. In that time and in different tellings, she has taken on many lovers including Merlin, Jason Blood, Etrigan, and the Phantom Stranger. In Madame Xanadu, Vertigo’s hidden treasure of a series by Matt Wagner and Amy Reeder, she finds herself taking on the Spanish Inquisition for loving the farm maiden Marisol. A thousand plus years of finding and losing love, standing up to evil and not always winning has left Xanadu often reluctant to fight on the side of angels. But, as the Demon Knights, Justice League Dark, and the many people she has saved can attest, she’s far more than a fortune-teller when she’s on your side.

Doorway_to_Nightmare_1

Doorway to Nightmare

Madame Xanadu Vertigo

Justice League Dark

Demon Knights

13 Likes

Pride Month Club Discussions. Need a deeper look at other Pride characters? Check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

DC History Club: The Pride History of the DCU

World of Bats: Gotham Half a Life

House of Horror: The Low, Low Woods

Harley’s Crew: Harley and Ivy

Justice League Book Club: The Ray

5 Likes

anything else to add?

2 Likes

Madame Xanadu is getting an HBOMax series.

6 Likes

@capo-mage Check it.

And heres this…

5 Likes

We can only hope the Vertigo series is the foundation they build on

6 Likes

Part of why I try to keep my expectations low for these kinds things. :sweat_smile: I’ll check it out no matter what, tho.

3 Likes

The format of that whole series with “present” day mixed with her past was perfect

5 Likes

I saw this. Sounds awesome™:+1:. Liking all these JLD tv shows being made.

4 Likes

I thought Constantine was already diverse

🆈🅴🆂!!! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞!! 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙!!! Ty @msgtv & @Razzzcat for looking out for me. .

Anyone who hasn’t read Xanadu is in for a treat. Almost like a Bill & Teds situation, except, it’s just in the actual order. When they jump off the main storyline at the end. Those issues are some of the best “stand alone” storylines ever (with obvious nods to who they are referencing in some). Wow :star_struck: This will be the biggest long shot character, for a series I love, that I thought would never get his/her own series, movie etc.

4 Likes

Hi @TurokSonOfStone1950 been forever…just thought I’d say hello while we’re both actually on the same board lol. Hope everything is going well for u. Ttys…

4 Likes

Always enjoy your posts

Still can barely walk
But my mind is
Stll sharp
At (almost) 71
That is not a bad bargain.

4 Likes

Thank You & The Same.

I Always Enjoy Your Posts As Well.

Sorry to hear about the walking issues. Extremely happy that u

are still in good spirits tho. Hang in there Turok!!!

3 Likes

sorry to hear about having trouble walking

3 Likes

I literally did not know about this about Xanadu until the first iteration of the DC Book Club did the arc which showed her living with her lady love. That was a fun find, though a tragic tale.

I’m also surprised that we’re getting a show. It seems like DC/HBO Max are really pushing hard on JLD as a potential franchise, which I am all for.

1 Like

I wish we could have gotten Del Toro’s JLD movie

1 Like