House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1 (3/4-3/10)

Greetings Horror Hounds!

If you are anything like me, you are probably pretty excited for the extra-long Justice League Snyder Cut coming out this month on HBOMax. To celebrate this re-release of one of my favorite movies we are going to be focusing on some of the horrific stories found in the pages of the Justice League! House of Horror is also changing back to a weekly format!

Before we get started, let’s welcome our newest members! @kstrack4, @Monkey3s, and @keithbbailey.60996 I hope each of you finds your stay in the House of Horror as pleasant as possible, just don’t mind the creatures under the beds or the ghouls in the corners.

:st_swamp_thing2: If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :st_swamp_thing:

Every House of Horror Ever!!!!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream

Before we get into the horrors that the Justice League has found itself in, I thought it would be fun to try something different. As many of you already know, The Swamp Thing 1 was released this week in stores and fine digital outlets. You can discuss this brand new book, spoilers and all here!
:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

On top of Justice League books, we are going to read House of Horror seal approved Plunge 6! Seriously, I love this series and I strongly suggest John Carpenter’s Lost Themes II be on in the background. The music is eerie and completely fits the Plunge vibes. I do have to say that Plunge is rated 17+ and is absolutely NOT for the kiddos. Also if you dig Plunge, you might want to check out That Black Label Life for more Black Label goodness!

Without further adieu, we are going to read JLA/Spectre: Soul War! This is sure to be a fun read as JLA and Spectre team up to stop a villain from attacking psychics across the country!

If you want to read even more Justice League you should check out the Justice League Book Club where they are reading Metal right now!

:books:Books to read:books:

JLA/Spectre: Soul War 1 (2003) (rated 12+)

JLA/Spectre: Soul War 2 (2003) (rated 12+)

Plunge 6 (2020) (rated 17+)

:st_swamp_thing: Discuss :st_swamp_thing2:
Don’t forget to tell us what you liked or hated about the books we are reading this week!

If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here !
If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here !

There are a few new horror comics hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

Released 3/9
imageimage

4 Likes

noice

2 Likes