House of Horror 11 - Week Before DC Universe Infinite (1/14-1/20)

Greeting fellow horror comics fans,

This is the last week of DC Universe as we know it and I thought it would be fun to look outside of the box. Normally, I try to focus on horror titles or little gems that not many people know about. Instead of going down that path, we are going to read a few issues of Action Comics from New 52! Have no worries, there are horror themes in these issues.

I can promise you won’t want to miss next week as we dive into DC Universe Infinite!!!

:books: Books to read:

:speaking_head: Discussion:

• Did you like New 52 Action Comics Superman?
  • What are your thoughts on what Superman was up against?
  • Are you excited for DC Universe Infinite?

If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here!
If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here !

There are a few new horror comics hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

Released 1/19

2 Likes

That is out of the box, cool

3 Likes

Very. Great idea, @D4RK5TARZ!

2 Likes

Nice! I was thinking of reading that arc after doing the Doomed story over at Renegade Robins. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you! I know in the future of House of Horror we will be diving deep into some excellent horror books and I have had this story on my shortlist for a while. I figured it was now or never.

2 Likes

I have just read Action Comics 36-39. I really enjoyed the horror elements in this book. The way how Ultra-Humanite fed on fear was pretty excellent, even if it is an overused trope in modern horror. The way how each character reacted was great character building. I think we have seen more of New 52 Lana Lang in this story than in anything before. The way she was built up in this story was very solid.

I have been reading the entire series and had to skip ahead by like 20 books to read this so I am not sure entirely sure what had happened prior to this regarding Brainiac but I am interested in seeing what he was up to.

Also, New 52 Eradicator looks cool.