[World of Bats] CASEFILE 014: The Doom That Came To Gotham

Hello and Welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This is a CASEFILE, where we take a full month to look at a longer or more unique work. This month will be a little different in that this is a book that is exclusive to the Ultra tier of DC Universe Infinite, and those that are exclusive to that will probably be done here – but don’t worry, there will be plenty of other books to read and discuss if you’re in the standard tier! :slight_smile:

But enough of all that, let’s get into the book itself! This month’s Casefile will be the Elseworld miniseries Batman: The Doom That Came From Gotham, written by Mike Mignola and Richard Pace, with art by Troy Nixey, in anticipation of the story being adapted into an animated movie coming out at the end of the month.

LINK:

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/batman-the-doom-that-came-to-gotham/79049c11-517a-48e8-aafb-58f9f918f040/c

Reading will last from 2023-03-01T06:00:00Z2023-03-31T05:00:00Z, but if you’re trapped in a downward spiral of madness due to Eldrich horror – I understand, it is current year – you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing this book with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

5 Likes

If you’re curious about the upcoming animated adapation, here’s the details about the movie:

And here’s the trailer:

And here will be the links for all the other, non-Ultra exclusive books we’ll be covering this month!

2 Likes

@Daredevil I think you said that you are reading this.

3 Likes

I am, the book is pretty awesome so far I’d be happy to discuss it.

3 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. :smiley:

2 Likes

Just read it. Strange the adaptation put Cass in for Tim.

I think Two Face is the best character for how despite everything he holds on to his heroic self.

2 Likes