[World of Bats] Batman in Zero Hour Part One -- The End of Yesterday

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Recently we finished the fabled Knightfall Saga, and we will soon be covering some of the follow-up crossovers after the story, as well as other big and popular Batman events! But first, almost directly after the Knightfall Saga finished, the whole DC Universe went through a Crisis in Time, Zero Hour!

So we’ll be looking at these issues:

If you’re in the Ultra tier, you can also check out the Batman: Zero Hour digital trade that includes almost all of the issues collected here (with the exception of Superman: The Man of Steel) as well as some of the books we will cover in the next part:

Reading will last from 2023-03-11T06:00:00Z2023-03-17T05:00:00Z, but if time is collapsing around you and you’re dealing with some old, problematic parts of yourself…first of all, good luck, and second, you can always come back later!

Looking forward (or backward!) to discussing these issues with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

3 Likes

And if you’re looking for more Batman-related stuff to read, check out this club’s Month-long casefile on Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham!

There are also some great reads courtesy of other fine book clubs in the DCUI community! First, Wonder Squadron is looking at Batman and Wonder Woman’s beautiful team-up in the realm of Celtic Mythology in Liam Sharp’s The Brave & The Bold: Batman & Wonder Woman!

Then over at The BatFam, check out some wacky Bronze Age Shenaigans in Batman Family #2!

The JSA Book Club is also looking at the miniseries Catwoman/Wildcat!

And the Obscurity of DC Book Club is taking a month-long deep-dive at the first Batwing, David Zavimbe!

2 Likes

The Alfred issue is so much fun. I enjoy these tie-ins quite a bit, even if I despise Zero Hour itself (and the effects it has on the Batman canon).

2 Likes

Thanks for the plug, @Jay_Kay! :pray:

1 Like

The Alfred issue is probably my favorite, but I enjoyed all these tie-ins.

The Superman issue with all the different Batmen was also a standout ; it was just a lot of fun to see all the different versions of Batman interact with each other. The ending of the issue was a little confusing

3 Likes