[World of Bats] Batman: Killing Time

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

As this thread is being published, today has been one year to the day since the release of the most recent movie release, The Batman! So to celebrate this, we’ll be reading a story featuring all the main characters (and a little more) released in time with the movie, Batman: Killing time, written by Tom King and drawn by David Marquez!

Three villains, one Dark Knight, and a deadly heist gone wrong. Catwoman, the Riddler, and the Penguin join forces to pull off the greatest robbery in the history of Gotham City. And their prize? A mysterious and priceless artifact in the secret possession of Bruce Wayne! But, as the events unfold, what fun is a heist without a bloody double cross or two?

LINKS:

Batman: Killing Time #1
Batman: Killing Time #2
Batman: Killing Time #3
Batman: Killing Time #4
Batman: Killing Time #5
Batman: Killing Time #6

Reading will last from 2023-03-04T06:00:00Z2023-03-10T06:00:00Z, but if you’re lying low after a big heist, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

3 Likes

And if you’re looking for more Batman-themed reading, check out these threads from other great clubs in the DCUI community!

First, don’t forget to take a look at our monthlong Casefile detailing the Ultra-exclusive digital trade Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham, which has been made into an animated movie coming out late this month!

Then, over at the JSA Book Club, they’re looking at our favorite feline fatale’s interactions with the JSA’s heavyweight champ in Catwoman/Wildcat!

And over in the Obscurity of DC Club, throughout the month they’ll be looking at the David Zavimbe, the first Batwing!

2 Likes

I thought this was pretty entertaining. I think the beginning with Riddler, Catwoman, and Croc coordinating to rob the bank was the strongest part.

The jumping from ancient history to the present with the narrator being impossibility specific about the time got stale pretty quickly, at least for me. It should have clued me into the fact that Clock King was involved, though. I think it’s a little weird that he seems practically omniscient; I don’t like that.

One thing I’m a little unclear about is the eye everyone is chasing. Is it magic or is it just a piece of stone? Everyone is after it like it would give some sort of power but Clock King gets away with it for a month and there are seemingly no consequences.