DC Fan Art Club: 'Meet the Artist' Challenge

Intro Challenge

Welcome to first event of the new DCU Fan Art Club! Whether you’re a frequent citizen of the Fan Creations section or the new kid in town, this week’s challenge is your chance to break the ice and get to know your fellow club members.

Typically we’d have one monthly challenge and a series of weekly challenges, but since the month is halfway over and we need to find our footing, I’m going to make this the only challenge for February. Consider it a warmup for March. :muscle:

:bangbang: Since this is our first post ever, I want to draw special attention to the T&C provided at the bottom of this challenge. :bangbang: Thanks!

Line

ICE-BREAKER CHALLENGE: “MEET THE ARTIST”

Due: February 29 PERMANENTLY OPEN.
Tools: Anything goes! Traditional media, digital, condiments - it’s all up to you

For this project, you have about two weeks to create a “Meet the Artist” piece. You can make it as simple or detailed as you like, but it should include the following:

1. A drawing that represents you as an artist. This can be your favorite DC character, a favorite item from the DCverse, a personal logo, caricature, or whatever else you can cook up.

2. A list of your usual tools of the trade (ink, Photoshop, graphite, Sai, etc.)

3. Your DC likes/dislikes (characters, series, etc.)

Add whatever else you like, but please be sure to include those three! We can use the information to get an idea of what future prompts would be a good fit for the entire group.

Examples:

1. Pixel style
  2. Open layout
  3. Categorized style
  4. Everything that Google has to offer

Once you’re set, post your work in this thread. Happy creating!

Line

The Entries (so far)

Click to view

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines, which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

10 Likes

@DCFanArtClub Hello, all! Because I messed up with the group hashtag (it should be #DCFAC, if you’re tracking it), I wanted to give a group shout for this first challenge. Thanks! Be sure to share any thoughts about this challenge, too, since our group is very much a WIP!

7 Likes

Having a “Meet the Artist” be the first challenge is a great idea. Super excited to see all the other artists!

5 Likes

@Broken-Knight Thanks so much, I’m glad ya like it! I might keep this challenge open indefinitely, so any time we get a new member, they’d be welcome to do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yaaaaawn, I just woke up. This was the first thing I had to do. It’s not what I expected, but it should be fun, thanks for putting it together @CynicalPink!

4 Likes

That makes two of us :sleeping: but I’m glad ya remembered/were looking forward to it!

4 Likes

This is a perfect idea for the first challenge!
I’ve actually done a “Meet the Artist” piece before, but not with a DC twist, so that’s going to be fun.

4 Likes

i’m nervous about drawing myself! i’ve never drawn such a lean and muscular physique before! and where will i hide the butts?

6 Likes

@biff_pow As much as I’d love to see all the butts, you don’t have to draw yourself! A fav character, or maybe one you relate to, would work just as well!

3 Likes

@serenap95 your style is so suited for this kind of challenge!

4 Likes

pls no one steal my ideas for Captain Space Hank and Zatoichi game show

10 Likes

@biff_pow I cannot express enough how much this cheered me up today! Hahaha! I love how your mind (and art) works! (I counted 3 butts! Did I get them all?)

And your dream notes immediately made me think of

5 Likes

lol thank you, i’m so glad! and yes, you are still the uncontested champion of butt-finding

4 Likes

I’m proud to accept this award.

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

@biff_pow Hmmm… happen to know if there is a way to pin your post to the top of this thread?

3 Likes

Well, I spent quite a while on this:

Green arrow shot flash, (again) he has no idea what to say. The way he feels is how I feel every time I make someone mad.

13 Likes

not that i know of! i think the butt trophy will prompt people to stop and see, though

@AnonymousBB lol! that’d make a great embroidery…ism

3 Likes

Oh no! I forgot flash’s emblem on his chest! I knew it was missing something.

3 Likes

@AnonymousBB I remember being horrified but also laughing so hard when that happened the first time. And that came out really good, even sans emblem :grinning:

3 Likes