DC Fan Art Club: 'Meet the Artist' Challenge

Thanks!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury For sure! If you ever have questions, free to message me or drop them on the main page. Happy art’ing!

3 Likes

@chongoboy1014.74577 I love how much detail you put into your art. The interaction between the characters is great! Perspective is always challenging when it comes to art, you did a good job with it here! It’s great that you found a way to combine the things you enjoy.

@EverAJ
I love your redesign for Punchline, even more so than the official design for her! She’s adorable, but also kinda creepy, like a doll in a horror movie. The anatomy and proportions also look incredible!

@JeepersItsTheJamags
That Damian drawing! :rofl: :rofl:
Your drawings are great, but I especially love the sassy descriptions of things. You’re incredibly creative both with drawing and writing!

@Broken-Knight
Lineless art can be sooo difficult! I really love how your Red Hood turned out, it looks fantastic. The black background was a great choice to add contrast to the piece.

7 Likes

@serenap95 thank you so much.

2 Likes

I’m just auditing this course, I’m also practicing my internet lurker skills, how am I doing so far?

Great job everyone, very enjoyable!

2 Likes

Had to join the club!

Dislikes:

I sometimes use a program like an app on my ipad (can’t remember the name at the moment) or Painter Essentials on my computer, but lately I’ve mostly just been sketching.

Also I drew Tim in some different style and then just decided to go normal with the rest of them. I’m not sure what style Tim is.

14 Likes

That Damian is amazing.

2 Likes

Finished my Meet the Artist!
And thank you for the compliments @serenap95! That’s exactly what I was going for with the black background. Glad it worked out.

14 Likes

@CynicalPink I have completed my Meet the Artist drawing. I am one of the biggest fans of Legends of Tomorrow as I post my weekly summary to my Legendary Island of Misfits, and I thought I’d take a shot at parodying the poster for this season by replacing everyone with Beebo. I can draw copying from pictures but also try to have a sense of humor from it as well.

I have included the original poster from the IMDB website for comparison to my pencil drawing.
I usually draw just using pencil and paper. I like the Arrowverse and I was really into Batman from Knightfall through Contagion. I also enjoyed Wally West as the Flash way before they decided to turn him into a bad guy who killed people.

14 Likes

Hello all! :grinning:
I’m a bit late to the party, but here is my ‘meet the artist’:

Apologies for the poor picture quality - I took it on my phone :sweat_smile:

Also, @Broken-Knight - I completely agree with you on disliking ‘Ric’ Grayson. Can’t believe it’s been over a year since he got shot :cry: Just want the old ‘Dick’ Grayson back.

10 Likes

Here is my “Meet the Artist” post! I drew myself in a Superman pose with a Batman Beyond shirt and the primary art materials I use. I also listed my general likes and dislikes as well. Haven’t drawn myself in a while, so this one is a bit rusty, but I still like it!

11 Likes

Sorry to keep everyone waiting! I hate looking at everyone’s art on my phone and wanted to wait until I got home.

@Nightroia Glad you jumped in! I love all your sketches, but especially Tim’s. His expression is so spot-on for how I picture him when dealing with everyone else’s drama and mayhem. You mentioned he’s an original style, and it really works. Btw, also happy to see another Steph and Cass fan in these parts! Your Superman and Jamag’s Damian make a great pair. :laughing:

@Broken-Knight That is so freakin’ creative and adorable (and would make a great avatar)! And I love the added drop shadow. It gives it a very paper-cutting feel (a style I adore). Your piece is really great at describing you and your work at a glance!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Wow! When I was doing the quick scroll with my phone, I recognized what you were going for with your piece at a glance, so you nailed the design! I love how you gave it your own fun twist with Beebo, too. It would have been hysterical to see this poster in the background of an episode. :rofl:

@thelunarmouse Love that you turned yourself into a superhero (the art supply utility belt is INGENIOUS, and I kinda want one :sweat_drops:). Out of curiosity, would the uniform be grey to go with the name? It gives me a bit of Spoiler/Robin vibes, but with a cute tail. :blush: Also happy to have another TT2003 fan in the fold!

@MichaelLakeArt That doesn’t look rusty at all! :open_mouth: If you ever decided to go a different route than comics, you could make it as an awesome court room sketch artist (…though I just looked up their salaries and think that’s way too little for the skill those people have! :anger:). Love the way your mind works with design, too - mixing the fandoms into your pose was an awesome idea! Sadly, the fact that you dislike pickles means we’ll never truly get along with one another. :cry:

Whoo, you guys are blowing this challenge out of the water (… I promise I’ll get to my own entry soon-ish). Thank you so much for getting the club off to a great start!

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!! ^^ Looking forward to putting more pieces up soon!

2 Likes

@MichaelLakeArt Can’t wait! I promise March will be a bit more organized and active with challenges, now that I’m getting the hang of how everything works!

3 Likes

@CynicalPink thanks for the positive feedback! I enjoy drawing, but haven’t had the time to really focus on it lately. I’m glad you enjoyed it and I’d love to see it in an episode ( sadly I am not a true Legend so I have no say what goes on the Waverider).

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury I know how that feels (with time constraints, I mean). Hopefully the club helps us get a little sketching in for fun more often. :slight_smile: And maybe if we’re lucky, someone with high powers in the tv industry will see this thread and get inspired, haha.

2 Likes

Thank you :smile:
Honestly, I couldn’t really decide on colors. I love Nightwing’s black and blue, (and so many other superhero color schemes) but I agree - grey fits the name pretty well :slightly_smiling_face:. Maybe black and grey with a little splash of color :thinking:.
Yes, definitely some Robin/Spoiler inspiration coming through. :smile:

Looking forward to the future challenges. Been meaning to get back into drawing for a little while, and this is the perfect excuse :slightly_smiling_face: :art:

2 Likes

@thelunarmouse I could see that! Like different tones of grey for the outside, but something with a bright splash for the inside of the cape and hood.

And I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself! Happy to get some more artists in the mix :blush:

3 Likes

@CynicalPink drawing is such a release for me helps me unwind. I hope I’ll be able to continue participating as much as I can.
I’ll have to settle for being an honorary Legend until I am called up to the big leagues

4 Likes

Material:
Oil paint and canvas
I used some glow in the dark paint so the eyes glow at night on the sarcophagus :eyes:

Hawk an & Hawk girl
Justice League in general
Egyptology
Travel :luggage: I taught English and art abroad for several years.
Cosplay
Playing accordion
TACOS :taco:

Dislikes
Mashed peas! Or peas in general
Pumpkin pie :pie: My mom is obsessed with pumpkin spice everything. She tried to brainwash me into liking it…didn’t work.
My husband’s Honda Civic Si. That is my main competition for his attention. Her name is Silvia and that’s his mistress.
My nemesis! :expressionless:

14 Likes