DC Fan Art Club: 'Meet the Artist' Challenge

@biff_pow I cannot express enough how much this cheered me up today! Hahaha! I love how your mind (and art) works! (I counted 3 butts! Did I get them all?)

And your dream notes immediately made me think of

5 Likes

lol thank you, i’m so glad! and yes, you are still the uncontested champion of butt-finding

4 Likes

I’m proud to accept this award.

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

@biff_pow Hmmm… happen to know if there is a way to pin your post to the top of this thread?

3 Likes

Well, I spent quite a while on this:

Green arrow shot flash, (again) he has no idea what to say. The way he feels is how I feel every time I make someone mad.

13 Likes

not that i know of! i think the butt trophy will prompt people to stop and see, though

@AnonymousBB lol! that’d make a great embroidery…ism

3 Likes

Oh no! I forgot flash’s emblem on his chest! I knew it was missing something.

3 Likes

@AnonymousBB I remember being horrified but also laughing so hard when that happened the first time. And that came out really good, even sans emblem :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

I love how wonderfully chaotic this is. :sweat_smile:
From the very detailed, well drawn face, to the buts, to the carefully drawn shoes and the stink, erm I mean heat waves - It all goes together so well and (from what I’ve seen you post in the community) fits you perfectly.
Also, I thought the leg proportioned to the torso looks perfect.

3 Likes

I loved this moment so much, and when Barry gets him back, it was too perfect.
Even with the forgotten emblem, you did a wonderful job capturing both the characters. I think most people would easily be able to tell that’s the Flash, even if they aren’t DC superfans. I’m impressed with your pixel art because it’s not easy to capture characters in a “minimal” form!

5 Likes

covets her butt-finding trophy while sliding the award for highest quality reviews over to @serenap95

Yes, everything Serenap said, guys!

3 Likes

What up, I’m a newcomer to this app, saw this club and thought it would be perfect for me. I’ve been drawing for a little bit now, and I spend a lot of my free time doing that or something involved with music, or something both. My favorite part of comics is any branch or continuity of Batman related subjects, thought I love reading most dc related comics. I’m excited to be a part of this club, and I’m already loving the things I’m seeing on here!

20 Likes

Hey, @chongoboy1014.74577, welcome to the app and the club! My favs are also the Batfamily titles!

As someone who goes crazy trying to handle perspective in drawings, I love this! The mix of fandom and your own personality also makes it really unique. I hope you share more and join us for sketch challenges in the future!

4 Likes

Dude, that’s awesome! I love your art style!

3 Likes

I did these 2 recently. The first is a redesign for Punchline that I did for fun because I disliked the design and thought I could do it better. The second is a concept for my favorite character Nightwing which you can find in the Dick Grayson Fan Club first event here: [Dick Grayson Fan Club] OPENING EVENT: Bi-Week #1 Feb 16 - Mar 1, 2020
My tools are the simplest. Pencil and paper and if I like something enough I’ll color it with get this… colored pencils :joy::joy:
Love Nightwing, Teen/Titans (whichever Nightwing is apart of), Wonder Woman, and Young Justice show. Don’t like Batman, Robin, Red Hood, Harley Quinn, and Dan Didio cuz he’s always trying to kill my favorite character, whoever’s idea it was to disband Titans in their recent run by Dan Abnett before it got cancelled, and can’t stand Titans show.

17 Likes

I love it! As an artist, I’ve always struggled with stripping my pieces down to be a little more simple, and I really appreciate when artist like yourself can do a more “simple” piece really well. Nice job!

4 Likes

Thank you! You’ll probably most definitely see more of me here haha

3 Likes

@EverAJ I really love your version of Punchline! One look and you immediately know she has ties to Joker’s crew (an impression I didn’t get with her official design). It reminds me a little of Dee Dee from Batman Beyond. Think you’ll color her someday so we can see a palette?

4 Likes