OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I will probably regret asking this, but: Is there a kebab fork?

8 Likes

I just saw this. :purple_heart:

Still gonna call you Cap, tho. It feels right.

10 Likes

Good point!LOL!:laughing:

7 Likes

Sorry this took a while to answer, but I remembered that Le Clear himself answered a question like this here:

New Fun #1 is filed under the “bound/collected edition” category, which currently isn’t a focus for DCUI in order to pay respect to that division and their need to keep the lights on, to keep doing what they do! I am pretty excited to report that after a recent presentation, a representative from that division asked if we could post this topic:

So while we may not be able to provide a straight line to satisfying all delights, I do have faith that each division has fan interest’s in mind.

13 Likes

:neutral_face: Why Mae? Jkjk It had to be done.

10 Likes

Ooof, this is hard- I do love the silken tones of the Spinners, but my personal style really likes that brassy shouting and …sarcasm? Four Seasons brings to it. That playful looseness. WBU?

9 Likes

Ah, so that’s why I still can’t get digital versions of those Batman and 'Tec annuals that have been in the collected editions for years now…

I need Batman Annual 14 so I can use it to diss The Long Halloween! It’s important! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Nah…it’s a eat with your hand based food. Now there are many cultures where the right hand only should be used. A kabob is a type of sandwich/gyro in style. I hate doing dishes, so I eat with my hands as much as possible.

8 Likes

I saw that thread—been meaning to go post. We all should! :eyes: OH citizens. :wink: Glad these things are being taken into consideration, for sure.

You mentioned fan community keeping “oral history”: What kind of fan community collection would you build or like to see, Applejack?

9 Likes

Ooh, interesting. What would citizen Applejack wish in the form of an Omnibus or Absolute?

:thinking:

9 Likes

I like long Halloween, I thought it was a great series, I can’t wait for its two part movie! Funny, when I first came here back in 2018, I was hoping that they would make it into a 2 part film, and now it’s actually going to happen!:smiley: :halloween_batman:

10 Likes

Well, erm, cough that does require quite the amount of metadata collection to accurately return those results, you know. Making sure each issue has the appropriate tags assigned to it. Through some sort of, oh, I don’t know, Tag Team?

Technically, that is supposed to be the logic with the filters currently (if I click one of the limited options in the search filters like Harley Quinn + Joker) but instead it generates a logic that includes both, rather than them together.

The other part of this improvement is the search engine software we use, which is on its way to retirement, to be replaced with a much more intelligent search system. This is in early works and needs to be championed across stakeholders, but it’s difficult to argue with.

You speak directly into my little RPG nerd heart- there isn’t currently a way to do that, but I can include it in the next set of requests to the Community devs (should be submitted/routed for scoping in about a month) :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Plates?

9 Likes

Can’t have too much Batman! :laughing:

7 Likes

Awww. Critical fail.

9 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @kelex display help.

7 Likes

Coming soon to the DC Shop sporting your favorite characters! :athletic_shoe:

Note: Consult your Legionnaire as products may arrive in the 31st Century :superman_hv_4:

11 Likes

:smiley:This is heavy!

9 Likes

Have you read “Eye of the Beholder” from Batman Annual 14?

Here’s a short article about it:

9 Likes

:rofl:

Heya RF! We don’t currently have any Q&As lined up. I am hoping that in March we will see some pretty cool stuff come together around talent, though :slight_smile:

A new person is responsible for being the Master of Collections, and they just this week started diving into the tech, as well as what currently exists on the service. The answer is “yes”, just not “immediately”. Are there any suggestions you’d like to make that I can pass on? I’m sure they’d appreciate it!

9 Likes