đź“šWhich Underrated Series Deserves An Omnibus or Absolute Edition? đź“š

With so many important and entertaining storylines and characters, choosing what to collect next is a heck of a task! What collections have you not seen that you’re patiently waiting for?

Tell all in the comments below! :point_down:

16 Likes

Alright, I love a good Omnibus and Absolute Edition so here are a few I would love to see happen

Omnibus:
The Question by Dennis O’Neil (Please make this one happen!)
Starman by James Robinson
Birds of Prey by Chuck Dixon/Gail Simon
Nightwing by Chuck Dixon
Robin by Chuck Dixon
The Flash by Mark Waid

Absolute:
Mister Miracle by Tom King
Harleen by Stephan Sejic
Batman: Ego

16 Likes

Triangle Era Superman omnis (aside from Death & Return, which has already been done).

11 Likes

Omnibus:
the Spectre by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake

Absolute:
Superman Up in the Sky by Tom King and Andy Kubert

I don’t care what, just please collect it:
Steel by Christopher Priest

15 Likes

Absolute Batman: The Cult

Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 1
(collects issues 1-34, Annual 1)
Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 2
(collects issues 35-64, Annual 2-4, Halloween Special 1)
Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 3
(collects issues 0, 65-94, Annual 5-6, Halloween Special 2-3)
Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 4
(collects issues 95-126, Annual 7)
Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 5
(collects issues 127-161)
Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 6
(collects issues 162-196)
Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus Vol. 7
(collects issues 197-214, 2012 series issues 1-13)

10 Likes

Great list! I’ll second that.

4 Likes

I know it’s not underrated (well maybe depending on who you ask), but I’m desperately hoping we don’t have to wait too long on Absolute Doomsday Clock, mostly so that we have a single hardcover version of the complete story

5 Likes

You’re in luck @TheSandmanofGotham, because Starman has an amazing six volume omnibus collection already :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

God, the list of nasty things I would do for a Denny O’Neil Question omnibus. I’ve waited so long.

14 Likes

I would totally second Absolute The Cult and the Legends of the Dark Knight Omnibus’s

6 Likes

So have I, I want to read it but I’m still hoping that they will release it in a great omnibus soon. If they don’t make it, then I will just read it on here.

3 Likes

I’m think more of a re-release, the omnibus’s haven’t come out in years and only collect a few issues. I’m thinking a newer omnibus that covers more in one and is more easy to get instead of paying a great amount for one on ebay.

4 Likes

Roy Thomas’s “Nostalgia-verse” trilogy: All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc. and Young All-Stars. Three pretty-major '80s series that have gone properly uncollected for the most part. The first 18 issues of All-Star Squadron have only been collected in black-and-white in a Showcase volume, with a few later issues in color in the “Infinity, Inc.: The Generations Saga” hardcover that came out 10 years ago. Only the first 4 issues of Infinity Inc. have been reprinted, also in that book. And Young All-Stars has never been collected or reprinted. They’ve all been digitized, thankfully, but it would be nice to have them all (or at least more of them) in an official book.

5 Likes

Some recent runs that deserve the omnibus treatment:

Priest’s Deathstroke
New Super-Man
Humphries’ Green Lanterns
Venditti’s Hawkman
Hill’s Batman and the Outsiders (including the set-up Detective Comics stint)

6 Likes

Chuck Dixon’s run on Nightwing DEFINITELY deserves an omnibus!
Really that’s all I got. I haven’t read that many different series or runs and not really any of them (out of the one’s I’ve read) deserve it that haven’t already gotten one.

4 Likes

Well, in dreamland I would want DC vs Marvel omnibi (I made that a word) or a few Absolute versions. They did a tpb of the classic crossovers but I don’t think anything after DC vs Marvel.

Since Road to No Man’s Land came out I assume No Man’s Land omnibi are coming but that series needs to be done.

Gotham Academy deserved better than some paperback collections.

JLI vol 2 omnibus recently came out and the next batch of issues involve the writer who shall not named so I’m afraid they won’t do a volume 3 but that would be my biggest want. With the JLE crossover issues inserted in order. Sometimes it seems like omnibi gather issues but don’t sort them well.

Omnibi for: Eclipso The Darkness Within and Armageddon 2001.

4 Likes

I’m actually having a custom omnibus made from this series. DC vs Marvel 1-4, all 24 Amalgam issues, and Unlimited Access (had to choose which to include, and I feel Unlimited Access is better than All Access). Progress has been sloooow, so who knows when I’ll actually get it, but when I do I’ll share pics.

The progress so far:

6 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve always wanted to try that but can never think of issues that equally matter enough to collect and don’t matter enough that I will cope if it doesn’t turn out well.

5 Likes

I hear you- this is only the 2nd one I’ve ever attempted, but for each one I seek out and buy all new issues. So if for any reason it goes haywire, I still have my original copies.

5 Likes

I would like an absolute edition of the 1986 Legends event including the crossover issues. To my knowledge, the only collected editions just have the 6 Legends issues.

6 Likes