OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hard to say “looking forward to it”, but I am glad you’re back in the podcast saddle, cough be darned!

We have big dumb squishy hearts which make us exactly the opposite of what our job description should probably be. :heart: Team movieaddict’s lungs FTW!!

7 Likes

Then how do you explain this?

10 Likes

I think there are pros and cons to both models- there’s always money in the banana stand (licensing stand). But streaming is the future, and a company with WB’s library would be remiss to not try. It’s a matter of what value you put your chips on- market value, or dollar dollar bills.

11 Likes

UNLIMITED P:cookie: WER!

11 Likes

Oh, boy! I just got the discount code for the shop! Now I can buy a shirt…or a shirt…or a…

Huh…

Huh.

10 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

Or a hoodie!

9 Likes

Now I’m just waiting for some clothing for people over the age of 25! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’m happy to say we were able to get you sorted with Dark Mode on the side- for these sort of collections you’re speaking of here, I think that’s where the value of a fan community comes into play. If you’ve got the moxie, we’ve got a platform you can collect all those appearances onto and keep history alive. It’s almost like a strange form of oral history.
For super deep cuts like this, it’s possible you’ll always be fighting against the stream of what a business model would measure as a value to a very broad audience.

I want to see that Murphy Brown episode now… :pleading_face:

11 Likes

Time travel’l do that!! I didn’t see the result of your meal, but I saw RC’s guess it was mashed potatoes which sounded kind of right? Unless it was …scalloped potatoes? Potatoes. :potato:

10 Likes

I wanted to ask you if you experienced that- PPB was looking out for it Friday night for her WAL but didn’t see anything, but she did cite the incoming comments were kind of slow.

Are you getting the same issue in your late night WALs?

8 Likes

I bought some cool shirt and some hoodies today, thanks to the voucher.:grinning:

9 Likes

That’s a good frame of reference. If I were in a position to digitize/restore, I would struggle quite a bit with, “do I focus on a brand new title next, or work on correcting a past title?” hopefully we see an increase in resources for archives once we’re allowed back in the office! :crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

So many tasks to preserve our precious history, so little time :sob: With our limited staff during covid times/no ability to access our vault, the dream is that once we are back in the office we see a resurgence of interest that justifies a veritable army of archivists!

13 Likes

Hmmm, hmm. Bundles can work both ways, and it’s possible that the topic in question might be a deal for those who are of a certain streaming service, to join a certain comics subscription service. I am compiling breadcrumbs into a tiny baby loaf for this conversation tonight, but I wanted to set the table with some silverware expectations.

13 Likes

The apex of my career.

11 Likes

This is a rough approximation of what I have in mind…

Beware the Bern

Now, see? That’s tasteful.

12 Likes

I’m not at liberty to share specifics, but I can say I am really pleased with the direction things are moving. You may have noticed an enormous uptick in activity when DCUI released, and many of those members not only joined the Community to react to the release, but many amazing folks appear to be sticking around, too. :partying_face:

14 Likes

WOOHOO!

9 Likes

Just remember that the fish fork goes above the plate, not on the right or left.
(Of course what’s really disturbing is that I know that (a) yes there is supposed to be a separate fork for the fish course AND (b) that I know where it goes in the place setting. This is what becomes of being OCD about prop continuity.)

7 Likes