DCU Inktober 2020

Calling all artists of all skill levels! It’s almost time…

… Inktober 2020 is around the corner!

First time hearing about it? Listen up! It’s a simple and fun way to shake off a case of artist’s block.

People throughout the community joined in on DCU Inktober 2019 last year, before we had an official art club.

This year, I’m excited to invite the @DCFanArtClub to lead the charge for 2020. You don’t have to be a member to participate, though. Anyone can join in. :partying_face: Feel free to chat below or ask any questions.

Official posting of art will begin next Thursday, October 1!

Line
An important note on Community Rules!

If this is your first time sharing artwork around DCUniverse, please make sure to review the below Terms of Service before posting. Some key rules to keep in mind:

1. Do not submit artwork featuring characters licensed by non-DC properties
2. Do not submit artwork featuring new characters, or original comic book panels or storylines
3. Do not redesign existing DC characters

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

29 Likes

Inktober!?

You’ll be hearing from my lawyers Madam!

10 Likes

Never done it before but always want to give it try. Looking forward to it.

11 Likes

Same here on both fronts :grinning:

10 Likes

I bought a sketch book and a double ended pen brush just for this. I’m poised and ready to go!

9 Likes

Awesome prompts looking forward to this! :kinghsark_grinhqtas: :muscle:

5 Likes

Wow…it’s really been a year since I became active in the community! It was at the start of the last Inktober that I became active.

I’ll try to get a few of these done, still unmotivated, but I’m gonna try! :smiley:

6 Likes

What’d I do and how long do I have to contact @JeepersItsTheJamags in my defense? :eyes:

4 Likes

It’s insane but in a good way! Glad you’re gonna give it a shot!

See above :blush:

You sound armed and dangerous! :flexmentallo_dp: Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

:joy: I was originally bummed at the first prompt, because I drew Joker fish last year, but now I’m eyeballing your Kingshark emoji and wanna mooch off of your idea :pray:

I really hope you do! I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up this year because of work, but it’d still be fun if the old gang could drop in a drawing or two here and there :blush:

5 Likes

Oh yes please King Shark needs more fan art :grin: and honestly I just picked him cause hes adorbs un- prompt related lol, I already kind of gave myself a challenge with sticking to 2 Fandoms so well see how that goes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Ooo, neat. Which two?

3 Likes

Static shock and not so much a fandom but charcter I guess Damian Wayne :sweat_smile: well see how long that lasts lol if its as tricky as I think its going to be. Tricky but fun :crazy_face: :smile:

5 Likes

That’s a good idea! Part of what makes me fall behind every year is that I spend too much time deciding what to draw. Picking a single character is a good way to narrow down the options. :thinking:

5 Likes

I am so used to pencil that I feel scared to make it permanent with ink in case I mess up. I may try some of the prompts but I may not be able to do all of them between work, kids and sleep commitments. But I’ll try!
For this challenge do the drawings have to be large and detailed or can they also be small and quick? Me as perfectionist may have trouble keeping up.
Sorry for all the words I tend to talk (Er write?) a lot when stressing

5 Likes

I also start in pencil and then go over in ink, it can be tricky in ink, my hands shake so the lines are wobbly but its the easiest way for me.

Personally I think I’m going to stick with small since you get 24 hours for each piece. Little smaller than this i think.

I’m looking forward to whatever you can participate in!! :muscle: :muscle:

5 Likes

No need to apologize !

You can definitely do small and quick – anything goes! Last year, I drew all of my stuff on ACEO (think baseball-sized trading cards) to keep me working faster, and it helped. 2019 was the closest I’ve ever come to completely finishing the challenge.

Remember – you can always do a small and easy sketch to fulfill the day’s prompt, and later, if you really like the foundation of your work, go back and add more to it when you’re not under such an intense schedule.

5 Likes

DON’T SIGN ANYTHING!

Sorry, reflex. What’s going on?

I haven’t drawn anything in a while, but I think I want to try this again.

8 Likes

I’d love if you joined us! The old gang together! And you can put those books your parents got you to good work!

:sob: And I have no idea. I think I’m being set up for a fall. @Aquamon is threatening to sic his legal team on me.

6 Likes

Never done this before but I think I’ll try it out. 99.9% sure I’m not going to get all the prompts done because of work and everyday life but I’ll try to squeeze a few in. Probably gonna use just 2 characters, maybe 3.

6 Likes

Whoo, it’ll be great having you! And yeah, definitely take it at your own pace. If it makes you too stressed and puts you off from drawing, it’ll totally defeat the point .

6 Likes