Congratulations to Participants of DCU Inktober!

A love letter fan-appreciation video to participants of DCU Inktober 2020, who diligently kicked the butt of this year’s challenge even though their club leader abandoned them two days in.

You can see their original artwork in this thread.

Challengers (Part I)

Music:

Crisis on Two Earths: Finish What the Jester Started
Legends of Tomorrow: Main Title
Batman Arkham City Soundtrack - Main Theme
Doom Patrol - Main Title
Green Lantern - First Flight Theme
DC Titans - Main Title
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Main Theme
Justice League Unlimited - Main Theme

17 Likes

Challengers (Part II)

12 Likes

×_@&$>÷_!;÷:@&!$;$#$,@^@<$$;@(![*;$(

This is flipping fantastic!!! Seeing it all come together with the epic tunes!!!

7 Likes

So glad you like it! Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I know I didn’t get to comment in the main thread, but I loved seeing you stretch your imagination to get the prompts to fit within a contained theme. That’s hard as [censor]!

Damian’s “hope” particularly melted my heart.

And thank you, also, for not just being a diligent artist – you were showing support for EVERYONE on EVERY single day. You’re an amazing community member. :heart:

6 Likes

That one is by far my favorite, I was really in the zone for that piece lol. You know what I mean?

First :sob:

d8652b07c69095784d730fb820ffad06

its because we have such a great bunch of artists and people that make it so much fun to be a part! Thanks again CP for putting this all together and making this sweet vid! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Absolutely! It always shows :blush:

And it was seriously my pleasure! Here’s hoping for another fun year in 2021 :eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks for the mention! Sorry I couldn’t do more, but real life made it harder to really do anything creative at that time.

5 Likes

I feel ya. And no problem! Enjoyed seeing your King Shark!

6 Likes

That looks and sounds fantastic! Thank you for putting it together!!

6 Likes

Wow! That was amazing! Thank you for taking the time to make the video, it was so much fun.

4 Likes

Wow this was Awesome™:+1:.
The transitions were great. :+1:

4 Likes

thank you so much for doing this ton of work @CynicalPink! did you do the pans manually??? because you made the joke ones even funnier (like the pan up to Batman’s facepalm on @_UnderScore’s “hide” piece)!

i’m honored to have been included with all y’all! there was so much great stuff, i’d even forgotten a couple of my favorites. and :heart: to everyone who gave encouraging feedback, especially @stefanie.m and @NYJt3! i don’t know how you guys found the energy to create and so consistently support everyone else.

group

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1: You too

The power of using it as way to procrastinate from homework was one thing fueling me​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
The rest just how awesome™:+1: they truly were.

5 Likes

I second this @biff_pow it really was great seeing everyone’s work and different views on the prompts!

InexperiencedScrawnyHairstreak-max-1mb

5 Likes

Welcome, welcome, thank you!

:laughing: Yes. My personal favorite was when the chorus swells and the music gets all majestic, and then we see the cat smeared against the glass window.

5 Likes

That was fantastic @CynicalPink! You have great editing skills. Very cool!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for checking it out!

1 Like

Oh my goodness this is incredible! It was so great to see everyone’s work all together. It really shows just how uniquely everyone interpreted the prompt through art. Thanks so much for putting this all together @CynicalPink!

3 Likes

My pleasure! :smiley: It gave me a chance to finally get a good look at everyone’s work.

3 Likes