DC Pride Book Club

New book club reading is live :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Woo, the first DC Pride book club of 2.0!

For the record, here are the previous ones:

Week 1: DC Pride Book Club Week 1: Midnighter (2015-) #1-5 🌈
Week 2: DC Pride Book Club Week 2: DC Comics: Bombshells (2015-) #1-9 🌈
Week 3: DC Pride Book Club Week 3: Gotham Central (2002-) #6-10 🌈
Week 4: DC Pride Book Club Week 4: Batgirl (2011-) #19-24, 45 🌈
Week 5: DC Pride Book Club Week 5: CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER (2015-) #1-5 🌈

6 Likes

Thank you so much Mae!

#dc-pride now has all of the previous entries tagged accordingly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do love Captain Jack, but my screen name is a play on my last name as well. My favorite companion ended up being Rory Williams. I do keep Jack in my top five.

3 Likes

@nu52, Super excited for reading. And yeah, it was at a con. Super awesome.

@jacktardis, Rory was awesome. Kinda jealous he got Amy though lol

4 Likes

Man, it’s really hard to make a thread people will actually look at

2 Likes

I’m so excited to be a part of this club. My favorite DC character is Dick Grayson (in the comics and animation) and my favorite live action characters are Sara Lance and the Flash.

3 Likes

Hi! :wave: We’re excited to have you join us!

Dick Grayson is awesome and so are Sara and Flash. Is your favorite live action Flash Grant Gustin’s version?

3 Likes

Yes, I love the TV Show! Team Flash is a big part of that too, and Candice Patton’s depiction of Iris West!

3 Likes

Joe and Barry got me with their scene this last episode. I definitely love the cast of the Flash. Great actors.

5 Likes

I don’t watch the CW shows anymore, except for Batwoman. Definitely liked Grant Gustin more than Ezra Miller.

4 Likes

Flash and Arrow have actually been really good this year so far. I’m keeping up because they’re the ones dealing with Crisis the most.

4 Likes

So, I am new to the whole book club thing. When do we discuss, and when are the new titles to read announced? Sorry if it has been detailed before, I haven’t made it through all the details and messages yet…

5 Likes

The book clubs will typically be posted on the last week of the month. It will vary sometimes, like November will be the second to last week to coincide with Transgender Day of Remembrance. October’s reading is posted HERE

You can discuss the reading at any point. I will mark everything #dc-pride which means you can use the search function to find them and you can also watch/track the tag by going to your preferences > tags and adding them to your list of watched and tracked tags.

5 Likes

Hey guys I’m new to the club. Do we need to say something about our selves or anything?

4 Likes

Welcome to the club! Glad to have you :slight_smile:
If you’d like, you can introduce yourself (how’d you get into DC, which character is your favorite, etc.).

4 Likes

So hi. I’m Jordan. I found out I liked DC when I was roughly 5 I liked Batman and still do. I am a Bisexual Male and very proud of it. My favorite character would have to be Batman. I like the titans too though. If I had to pick a favorite titan it would probably be beast boy. He is a gamer and is such a nerd. He also tries his best to keep everyone together and is more of a lover not a fighter. Me and beast boy have some of the same personality traits

8 Likes

Well, hi Jordan :wave:
What games do you play? It’s been pretty cool that Beast Boy has gotten more of a focus on Young Justice and he’s pretty cool on Titans.

4 Likes

God of War, Fall Out, Call Of Duty, Injustice, and pretty much anything

5 Likes

Cool! Injustice has such a good story. I play INJ 2 Mobile. I’m not really good at games so I stick to Nintendo mostly :sweat_smile:

5 Likes