Batman 1989 (Movie)

I know this is 'the 89 thread BUT…

5 Likes

I love Val Kilmer. I went on one of my very first dates to see this movie.

4 Likes

:+1: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened @Kon-El-Prime. :pleading_face:

:+1:

5 Likes

Yay @GothamKnights! Welcome back!

4 Likes

we’ve been using it as a “Batman Anthology” ('89 - & Robin) thread 'cause we’re rebels

4 Likes

That’s fair. I don’t know how much traffic a Batman Forever thread would get.

3 Likes

2 Likes

“Smash It Up” and “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” would be its official anthems.

SN: @Reaganfan78 posted a Batman Forever appreciation thread :point_right:t2: here :point_left:t2:.

Give it a look, as its a good time worthy of Don “The Dragon” Wilson’s best movie and then some.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of both of those bands. Full support!!

3 Likes

You enjoy Limp Bizkit too, yeah? :wink:

notes that the above was said in a voice similar to Rob Schneider’s “You like-a the juice, eh?” bit on Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Limp Bizkit? Nah. They’re great.

3 Likes

:laughing: “Keep on rollin’, baby!”

3 Likes

Burton fans might be interested to see this!

4 Likes

I didn’t much like the movie. I read that Tim Burton didn’t like it either. is Batman returns different than '89 or is it similar?

6 Likes

i’d say it’s pretty different, but probably not better for someone who didn’t like the first one.

4 Likes

Ok, Thanks

4 Likes

Growing up, I liked it! Especially with the original 4 films prior to Nolan, one could not help but treat this as the Godfather or Citizen Kane of the franchise. Once I got older…eh. I have many issues with the movie now as an adult. At the same time, I enjoy the pulpiness and Golden Age vibe it gives off, which no other Batman film can lay claim to. And I LOVE original Year One Golden Age Batman! And Nicholson as The Joker is such a treat.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely not better. The first film has no real cohesive plot or structure. The second is even worse at that. In addition, Returns is more or less a Tim Burton film with a Batman license. It’s a Tim Burton movie first, before being anything about Batman or that related to him. More of beta test for Nightmare Before Christmas I’d argue,

3 Likes

i was watching Demolition Man, and in Sandra Bullock’s character’s office among her antiques from the 20th century

4 Likes