Batman 1989 (Movie)

Post pictures, stories,trivia questions and all things Batman (movie)

10 Likes

Mine is repetitive b/c I’ve posted it a lot, but it’s the 1st thing I think of every time. It’s simply that when that movie came out, I’ve never seen DC or comics more in the mainstream b4. It was everywhere & everyone, comics fan or not, were all about Batman. My very 1st DC movie I saw in a theater. Back when theaters could sell out if u didn’t arrive at the cinema in time. I had to get tickets for the showing 3 days from the day I went. The only other time something similar happened was when Superman with Routh came out. The only seats left were front row corner by the aisle. My friends & I had to ask for a refund & go back an hr early the next day. A true classic, & almost always ranked number #1, or at the top of the list of all time DC movies.

5 Likes

Jack was an awesome JOKER.

9 Likes

Now folks it’s time for who do you trust, Hubba Hubba hubba money money money, who do you trust? Me, I’m giving away free money, and Where’s the Batman? Is he home washing his tights? (Laughing) :joker_hv_1:
I like that line. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Keaton brought a legitimacy and coolness to superhero movies that had previously been lacking at the time. As he does with all his roles. And I mean this with no disrespect to Christopher Reeve who was legit, just not as cool as Keaton.

6 Likes

I learned what an enema was because of this movie.

6 Likes

8 Likes

This is my favorite Batman Movie. I was 4 when it came out, my Dad is a massive Comic Book collector, so i was fully aware of the movie and memorabilia. He used to buy me the stickers and cards, which had chewing gum in. I had all the figures from it, and he shown me the movie as soon as he had it on Video. This my comfort movie for when I feel down, or generally just want to watch something to make me feel happy. Most of it is probably nostalgia, but I still think Keaton is the best Batman! His eyes are so scary!

7 Likes

@scarie2010.15620 have you ever read the comic book version of the movie? :slightly_smiling_face:
51xoXalpGyL.SX319_BO1,204,203,200

9 Likes

No I haven’t @Reaganfan78. I was going to buy it off eBay at one time but it sold before I could get it and haven’t checked for another one.

5 Likes

I hope someday DC Universe will add it to their Library so you can see it. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Me to. I need to check eBay for it again soon.

5 Likes

@scarie2010.15620 @Reaganfan78 FYI, a hardcover reprint is available. Links below for In Stock Trades (my favorite online retailer of comic book trades) and Amazon.

In Stock Trades $11.59 (42% discount)

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/BATMAN-THE-1989-MOVIE-ADAPTATION-HC-DLX-ED/AUG190647

7 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to check into getting one.

5 Likes

Glad I could help. BTW, love your Batmobile pics! :grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks. :batman_hv_6:

4 Likes

Dat’s NECK ties!!!

7 Likes

My dad took me to it on a very hot day. He’s not with us anymore and it is a very happy memory. I was seven at the time. Until the day he died, now and then, he would say “I’m Batman” with a growl. For no reason whatsoever. Scrambling eggs or tying his shoes and… “I’m Batman.”

5 Likes

@Kon-El I’m sorry your dad’s not with you anymore but that’s an awesome story.

6 Likes

The batmobile.

6 Likes