Batman 1989 (Movie)

I have never seen the movie, I gotta say that’s a nice easter egg there! :grinning:

3 Likes

it’s kind of interesting, i kept thinking that Wesley Snipes was basically the Joker in the movie, personality-wise! and coincidentally, DC published the movie tie-in!

a0604c9d9ef23fbf7cb7be5091201041_l

4 Likes

Saw the movie long ago and never noticed that!

I would have to agree with you on that!

4 Likes

Fun Fact: Demolition Man is best enjoyed while one is eating Taco Bell.

Keep that in mind for when you do eventually see the movie. :wink:

5 Likes

Remember- focus on the penny and all the rest will fall into place. :smiley:

#SummerOfBatman89Eternal

3 Likes

The Flash movie’s first FULL trailer coming up at Super Bowl LVII:

Legit concept pix here of Keaton in costume in the film:

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

6 Likes

3 Likes

I’m gonna’ do both.
:laughing:

3 Likes

Just take it all in:

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

BTW- LittleSis89 rocked this^^^ did from 1989 to 1992 diligently. :smiley:

3 Likes

Please pass along my salute to LittleSis89. :saluting_face: Plus much respect if she had a fedora. :smiley:

:yellow_heart: :black_heart:

3 Likes

From Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. For the film was shot in April, two months before Batman’s release, and came out a month after Batman. WOW! Talk about a quick production lol!

I cannot help but wonder, why didn’t we ever get Batman vs. Jason? I’m just sayin’!

5 Likes

INTERIOR, MORNINGTIME 1991, SCHOOL DAY AT THE 89HOUSE

DC89: I forgot my eyeliner- lemme’ get in there real quick.
LittleSis89: No. I need the whole mirror to do my bangs.
DC89: Sharing is caring, now slide over.
LittleSis89: Ugh. Fine!
:laughing:

I totally remember this 20/20 segment. It did air about a week or so before the big premiere like the late Barbara Walters says in the clip. I remember my interest just beginning to fully pique around this time becuz as a then non comics person (seems like a completely different life now) I was really trying to sort out what all the fervor and commotion was about.

4 Likes

:laughing: :joy:

The whole mirror . . . This quote is priceless.

The summer of '89 was a bellwether for our generation. :triumph:

3 Likes

1989-1992 was the definition of epic.

5 Likes

IKR? Those bangs of hers were her P&J. Guys- quick Pro tip: in our teens and on into our twenties guys are all about their cars and we’re all about our hair and there was no one more dedicated to their pursuit of follicle style perfection than LittleSis. Anyhoo- when she was sporting this did she had this technique getting her bangs to gradually drape from left to right that required her to do this all in one motion with the curling iron to brush to hairspray move that somehow required use of the entire bathroom mirror. To this day I still don’t get it but Niece89ver1.0 seems to have mastered it with her present day did. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :smile:

4 Likes

Defining years of my teenage life right there.

4 Likes

It was such an incredibly magical year. It as if we shed the darkness of 86/87/88 and came out into the breezy and bold sunhine of a summer that continues to live on in my heart to this day.

4 Likes

Right? Call sheets must’ve been cray on the day shoots.

3 Likes

Sadly no- she’s not big into hats. Her standard go to as far as headgear went was either a backwards Blackhawks or Bulls hat.

CBulls

She was in these when she was out on the court practicing. Big props to her tho for being among the first gen to rock the snapbacks in the front. :smiley: :+1:

But your girl here was no stranger to the wide brim fedora. Big staple of my style, especially in the fall. In fact, the look that Nancy W. is sporting in the Say Anything theme video was a big go to for me (sans scarf under the lapels).

I had set ups in three or four different color combos and I would switch out pants for a pencil skirt sometimes as well.

Here’s the video:

All of the fits were worn with a pair of these of course:

I know- 13 YO going on 27. :laughing: But I was 5’ 8" by that time so I was able to make the look work.

:smiley:

4 Likes