Superman Lives Animated Series Teaser (Proof-Of-Concept/Pitch)

suplives

an animator made this short fan-film to pitch WB on hiring him to produce a series based on the aborted '90s Tim Burton Superman film starring Nicolas Cage (the details are in the text of the video):

I WANT TO WATCH THIS

skullship

Superman_Lives__Animated_Teaser_and_starring_Nicolas_Cage

suplives2

9 Likes

I am glad it was not made. It looks notably less good than Superman the Animated Series, and I doubt we get both.

4 Likes

He’s trying to make it now!

7 Likes

Looks awesome! The creator did a fantastic job!

5 Likes

I absolutely love all of what I watched here but I’m seeing it as a one shot rather than a series. Lynchpin- don’t see Cage committing to a series run. Now, much in the same way that Ewan McGregor’s and Christopher Lee’s performances as Prequel era Obi Wan and Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku were carried on (very deftly) by Clone Wars series voice actors James Arnold Taylor and Corey Burton if a suitable replacement for Cage can be found then, yeah, this is def a solid idea for a series. :smiley: :+1:

:00_superman1: :00_superman1: :00_superman1:

6 Likes

3 Likes

I dont think Nicolas cage belongs as super man
Like great animating but not the right person

2 Likes

Totally agreed. It would seem like an easier pitch to WB, too.

4 Likes

Indeed, especially in light of how tight the purse trings are around the WB front offices these days.

5 Likes

I didn’t think he was right back when he was cast in the '90s, but now i see it as kind of an Elseworlds oneshot. Like i wouldn’t cast Zach Galifianakis as the Joker, but as long as he just occupies his own space over there in LEGO Batman, it’s a fun little side thing.

5 Likes

Mehh i guess

4 Likes

I do a pretty darn-good Cage impression, and I’m looking for a new gig, so…

hammers out a telegram to WBTV that expresses his interest in the role

And now, we play the waiting game…

taps his fingers on his desk while saying “This is a job for Superman!” in a “Carla was the prom queen!” tone

Next line: “Lois, I am Superman…and I drive a Volvo, a beige one.”

4 Likes

Love the animation for this trailer. I admire those who managed to make great animation like that because it’s HARD lol. But not a movie I’d watch. I never saw Nicolas Cage as someone to play Superman.

3 Likes

but the meme value of a Nicolas Cage Superman alone

giphy (16)

and according to the youtube description it was just one guy!

This project was created solo by writer/ director and animator, Paul B Frieling.

incredible!

4 Likes

or to put it another way

nickcage

4 Likes

I’m gonna post some Nic Cage Superman memes now in the Just For Laughs thread

4 Likes

ba5cf1542d0d798b79d0e31464a765da6676f919

4 Likes

This looks interesting.

6 Likes