Batman 1989 (Movie)

WT

2 Likes

The Good News, 1989 Batman movie comic is on DC Universe! Bad news is that each time you turn a page as a special deluxe it show each pages being worked on to finish page, back and forth. But hey I canā€™t complain.
Hey @DC89 yesterday Iā€™ve got the 1989 Batman T-shirt (the batsymbol on vhs cover look) and sweatshirt, also a Batman Returns T-shirt, canā€™t wait to get them. :smiley:

2 Likes

:grinning: :+1: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

A week or so after Scrooged opened at the local multiplex (Iā€™m quite sure it was this day in history) Mama89 took LittleSis89 and I to see it. This was one of the trailers at the front of it:

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

Batman 1989 was and is a favorite of mine. I was 14 when it came out. I got the movie poster and had it on my wall for years. Funny thing, when my mom saw the poster, she called it, the teeth movie because the symbol looked like teeth to her lol. Good memories.

4 Likes

@DC89 love that opening! Batmobile!!! i saw Scrooged at the theater, too, but i donā€™t remember seeing anything Batman! we were probably late :laughing: and if it was 88, i think i was too young to see Scrooged, wtf dad!

@RG02 thatā€™s a sweet memory. i remember my mom putting on my latex Batman mask and in her gruffest voice saying

Iā€™m Batman.

to make me laugh.

4 Likes

:smile: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Found on Etsy:

4 Likes

The B cover for Worldā€™s Finest #10 (due on 12/20) is quite Reevemarkable and Keatontacular:

4 Likes

Got my 1989 Batman T-shirt and sweatshirt, strange thing was the gold title ā€˜Batmanā€™ was not on the back of the shirt like itā€™s suppose to, either way I still love it. :thumbs_up_batman:
Want to hear something funny? Sometimes my HBO Max freezes the movie or show while loading,
As I was watching 1989 Batman, HBO Max freezes right after the Joker said,ā€œStop the press whoā€™s that?!ā€
Before I knew it, Iā€™m still staring at a photo of Vicki Vale! :rofl: I think @Vroom wouldā€™ve like that!

3 Likes

I got my 89 hoodie from the DC Shop. It looks like a cheap knockoff compared to the product image. The emblem is so oversized it takes up the whole chest, while the product pic has it smaller with a more movie accurate placement. The sleeves are way too short and the hood is way too tight. Too bad they dont offer returns or a way to post reviews so people can stay away from the terrible products.

3 Likes

4 years!

holyreturnfromoblivion

welcome back, @GothamKnights! sorry to hear you donā€™t like your hoodie

2 Likes

:smile: Just donā€™t say ā€œYouā€™re going to need a long lens, Vick.ā€

Women donā€™t like braggarts. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks it good to be back. Im just bitter about the hoodie because ive been waiting decades for merch with the movie accurate 89 emblem. Oh well, someone will get a good deal on ebay when i list it. :batparrot:

3 Likes

I need to get a screenshot. But I was watching Season 1 of Home Improvement (an all time favorite show of mine) he turns to his audience on Tool Time, and one of the guys was rocking one of those old Batman jackets! Keep in mind Season 1 is from 1991. First noticing that EVER lol! I was seriously geeking out! lol

3 Likes

I posted this over in Iceberg, but it belongs here too. A few years ago, my childhood room at my grandmaā€™s burned down. She just found a perfectly functional Batman 89 toy.

8 Likes

Wait, after it burned down?

4 Likes

@SkylerSneathen thatā€™s cool! good trivia!

@Kon-El-Prime itā€™s in better shape than mine!

4 Likes

Awesome that she was able to find that figure! That was one of my favorites as a kid.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s right. This was in a cabinet that somehow survived. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes