Batman Forever Thread

This thread is all about one of my all time favorite Batman film, Batman Forever.
The movie had a great cast, great music and great storyline.
This tread is a spinoff to Batman (1989) thread
& Batman Returns thread as well.
So I think this thread should be for those who enjoy the film.
This movie will always have a special place in my heart, My late friend who was not a Batman fan, dress up as The Riddler for Halloween before he passaway, that really meant alot to me.
I remember collecting tons of Batman Forever stuff, love the comics and toys.
Anyway here’s a trailer for the movie…

And here’s Kiss By The Rose from Seal, I really enjoy this music as well…

Ok here’s a poll, which character is the best?

Best Batman Forever Character
  • Batman/Bruce Wayne
  • Robin/Dick Grayson
  • Dr. Chase Meridian
  • Two-Face
  • The Riddler
  • Alfred
  • Commissioner Gordon
  • Fred Strickland
  • Others

0 voters

Riddle Me This, why is Batman is Forever? Cause he’s a neverending crime fighter. :grinning:

4 Likes

It gets a lot of unfair criticism and while it is not my favorite of the quadrilogy, it has a lot to like.

And despite all the arguments, I would still love to see the “Schumacher Cut”.

3 Likes

I hated this film back in 1995. I’ve since warmed up to it. Val Kilmer still does nothing for me as Bruce Wayne, and the villains needed to be dialed back to 10, but it’s an excellent adaptation of Robin’s origin story, and the cinematography is quite nice. The score is extremely memorable, too, even if it’s a bit too heavy-handed at times. And I love Nicole Kidman as the most desperate psychiatrist in Gotham.

3 Likes

I will also share the episode of Superhero Stuff You Should Know about the various different versions of the Batman Forever script:

Fascinating listening. (At least I’ve thought so).

2 Likes

I was like 9 when the movie came out, so I loved it! Grew up and ehhhh. I wrote this two months ago though.

4 Likes

Awesome article, Thankyou so much for sharing, I’ve been a fan of Jim Carrey since 1994, and really appreciated his role of The Riddler, especially after seeing The Batman. In my opinion I don’t think Riddler should be a dark villain, he should be a fun villain that enjoy trying to outsmart Batman, of course Batman has to win, that’s why I enjoy both Jim Carrey and Frank Gorshin’s Riddler. :grinning:

3 Likes

I can get behind Gorshin’s. Carrey’s not so much, for it just comes off as Carrey dressed up as Riddler to me.

4 Likes

I love the idea of the Riddler being Moriarty to Batman’s Sherlock Holmes.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget one time when I got grounded and for the weekend - No tv? Nope. No video games? Nope. It was no Batman Forever toys

3 Likes

I can’t believe I missed this thread. :eyes:

3 Likes

“Snootch to the bootch!” and “Snoogans!” for the best movie of the Burton/Schumacher quadrilogy. :batparrot:

3 Likes