[World of Bats] Batman: Black & White (2020)

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

So, considering that the last month was filled with these big crossovers and events, it might be a good time to decompress, and what better way than some short stories by some of Batman’s best creators? So for the next two weeks, we’ll be looking at the most recent iteration of Batman: Black & White, a six issue miniseries written by drawn by…a metric crapton of people.

A brand-new incarnation of the groundbreaking anthology series, celebrating its 25th anniversary! There is good. There is evil. And there will always be Batman Black & White. This incredible collection features stories digging into the entire Batman mythos: the Batcave, the Batmobile, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Jace Fox, ninja man-bats, and even Batmen of alternate worlds. All done by some of the best creators working in comics today, including James Tynion IV, John Ridley, Mariko Tamaki, Jorge Jimenez, Andy Kubert, Joshua Williamson, and more!

LINKS:

Batman: Black & White #1
Batman: Black & White #2
Batman: Black & White #3
Batman: Black & White #4
Batman: Black & White #5
Batman: Black & White #6

DIGITAL TRADE (Ultra Exclusive):

Reading will go from 2023-11-04T05:00:00Z2023-11-17T06:00:00Z, but you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

5 Likes

And if you’re looking for more Batman stuff to read, check out our sister group, The BatFam, who is going to be doing a deep dive into the 80s series Batman & The Outsiders during the month of November!

3 Likes

Ra’s Al Ghul has become so desperate at this point that he’s like, “Okay, guys. At least land one hit on him.” I assume this story is set in the same universe as the YouTube videos of gamers who have played the Arkham games too much.

3 Likes

There’s some good stuff here. I really do enjoy the quick hits of these Black and White books. They don’t all work for me, but some of the stand outs (off the top of my head) are:

The one that’s done like a vintage newspaper comic. I really liked the old school look and vibe

The choose your own adventure was unique and fun

The punchline to the Bruce and Damien day out made me chuckle

The one where Alfred taught Bruce chess might be my favorite. I might have a bit of a soft spot for Alfred

I quite enjoyed the one with Signal that took place in the Hill

The one with the photographer was great to. Maybe my second favorite of the bunch

2 Likes